Wonder why I don't catch more of these?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by hedburner, Sep 11, 2012.

1. This happened back in early June, I was fishing Clear Lake in Skagit county for bass. Slow, real slow for bass. Nothing around the shoreline, so I moved out a little and figured maybe they're deeper around about in the pads. Casting around my pontoon in circles carefully working my bug through the pads, I get a chase and a grab. I missed the set. And I'm thinking crap that might be the only hit I'll get this evening. I'm looking at the area where I missed the hit getting ready to toss the bug back in the same spot, and I see something just sitting there on top looking at where my bug was. I'm looking at it wondering the hell that is, thinking maybe a nutria, muskrat, or a small beaver. Then I notice the big bulging eye sockets, I'ts a big ol' bullfrog. So I make another cast just a few feet behind it and off to the side so my line and tippet wouldn't spook it. Wiggled and twitched the bug a little and the frog made a line for it and gabbed it. Wow! Frog on! They put up a decent fight with a strong run for cover and a dive towards the bottom.

P6150970.JPG
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  2. McNasty Canyon Lurker

Somewhere Near Selah, WA
    Ratings: +387 / 1
    lol thats awesome, i caught a big bullfrog on a popper back in the day
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,126 / 4
    Sweet. I can hear Sage at work now designing their lightweight frog rod.
  4. Clay Carney Member

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I used to catch them all the time back in TX. They'll chase anything on top.
  5. Stone Barnard South by Northwest

Fort Lewis
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Yess sir! Down in the bayou it's the game of choice when grandma is coming to town!!! Aiyeee!!!