Wooden fly boxe

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by John Wallace, Apr 4, 2014.

1. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Hey don't know if it made it to this site. There is a guy who makes wooden fly boxes at flygrain.com.
    I got one of his cigar boxes, they hold two cigars safely so you can put them in your pocket,fishing vest or whatever you want and they won't get damaged. I like the wood used and quality so much I bought one of his Riffle fly boxes. So if you would like something different check it out. So you know I am not getting any thing from him. There are a quality item that I thought others would be interested in. Thanks

dfl likes this.
  2. BN2FSH

BN2FSH New Member

I have one of his flyboxes made from African zebra wood. It is excellent. A high quality box.

3. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Both the cigar box and Riffle box is made of a burly Maple. I think I will be getting a 4x6 fly box next. I also use fly wallets. I guess I am kind of old school.

4. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

No bro...you are old!

But I do love that wallet of yours, it is great looking and carries just the right amount of flies in it

triploidjunkie likes this.
  5. Jim Darden

Jim Darden Active Member

to be truthful, I love the wood fly boxes but can't bring myself to take them out in the field so the ones I have are of little value to me. They are really cool though and you should have some!!!