Would love to know the story here

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bigdood, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +76 / 1
  2. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    Factory defects?
  3. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +76 / 1
    Ooh, good call, they do look like they are Echo rods and those guys are out of Vancouver.
  4. Rob Hardman Active Member

University Place, WA
    Ratings: +83 / 0
    I bet they were from rods with broken tips that had been replaced for customers.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  5. Rob Hardman Active Member

University Place, WA
    Ratings: +83 / 0
    And if that's not the case, it does get me wondering what rod companies do with the broken rods that are replaced for customers. Anyone know?
  6. Don Freeman Freeman

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +177 / 0
    Doesn't really appeal to me, but there are tip men and butt men. Show me a good set of tips.

I apologize in advance.
  7. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +82 / 0
    Frickin' car doors anyway!!!:(
  8. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +274 / 0
    if they were two piece rods I'd buy them and make new tips for them.. looks like they are mostly 4 piece and designing and making all those sections would be too much work
  9. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,121 / 0
    I've seen guys cast with half a rod... for those guys, this is a great deal... of course, normally they cast with the upper sections but the lower half is what you need for fighting the fish. If you're more into fighting fish than casting, this is a hell of a deal :)
  10. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Crazy! Would be kinda cool to do something fun with them.
    On a hellofa craigslist find note... A friend found some pretty well known racing shoes for super cheap.
    A charity had moved into a building and the people that were renting the building before left all these shoes, so they had to unload them for cheap....
    Normally $200+ shoes, he got for $15... Turns out the shoe manufacture didnt think to highly of the charity selling them for cheap...
  11. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,010 / 0
    Then you'd really appreciate a classic bamboo rod. They typically come with two tips and one butt.

K
    Gary Knowels and tythetier like this.