Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Would this count?

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  jake-e-boy 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay I am getting desperate and have an idea. I am going to the Cowlitz to fish for hatch turds. I am thinking of bringing my gear rod out of the closet after 5 years. I will drift some salmon roe below blue creek. When I hook up and bring the bitch in, I will then remove the hook, get my spey rod and insert a bunny leech to the corner of his mouth. At that point I will TOSS him back in the water, and then bring him back in with my spey rod. All of this would be filmed via go pro also. Now, would this still count?:)

Also though that when video editing the entire sequence of events I would have this song be in the back round. This really could end up being epic.

#2 ·
Okay I am getting desperate and have an idea. I am going to the Cowlitz to fish for hatch turds. I am thinking of bringing my gear rod out of the closet after 5 years. I will drift some salmon roe below blue creek. When I hook up and bring the bitch in, I will then remove the hook, get my spey rod and insert a bunny leech to the corner of his mouth. At that point I will TOSS him back in the water, and then bring him back in with my spey rod. All of this would be filmed via go pro also. Now, would this still count?:)
It will certainly count for something.

#11 ·
Total fuk up DO.

However, do go to the Cowlitz. It's been at summer flows for over a month now. Fish are trickling in. There are both hatchery and WILD steelhead coming in now. If I were heading there, and I may be, I'd float from Barrier to Blue Ck and fish the obvious swing water, of which there's a day's worth.

Because of the low snow pack, flow will drop from 4 kcfs to 3 kcfs Apr. 1. It's gonna' be a good year to fly fish the Cowlitz.

Sg

#12 ·
Forget roe, that is what almost everybody uses. Offer them something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.