Wow! sage LL decent investment!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Porter, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +524 / 0
  2. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +90 / 0
    Wow, I know I only got the 379 last year but I paid nowhere near that ... $567 current bid .. wow.
  3. Brian Thomas Active Member

Kamloops B.C
    Ratings: +122 / 0
  4. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +281 / 0
    Honestly if you see a legit good deal on a classic Sage, grab it! I made 200 bucks last year off the SLT and LL that turned out to not impress me much.
  5. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +431 / 0
  6. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +433 / 0
    You guys are scaring me. I was thinking of putting my 4 piece LL
    5 wt on the block.
  7. tonemike fish'n glass

Monroe, WA.
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    don't do it!
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  8. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA

Maybe not. Wow, but that was an smaller line weight and perhaps not as many are out there. That would affect price, I am sure.

Maybe I should fish mine more?
  9. Biscuet Member

Colorado
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    If anyone has a Sage 379-4 LL that they want to get off their hands then just let me know. :)
  10. Jay Burman Experienced Ne'r do well and Layabout.

Snoqualmie, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    I bought a 389 LL back in 1991 for about $300. from Kaufmann's in Bellevue. It's perfect for those 8" cutts in the MF. I had no idea they were that they were commanding that kind of price.
  11. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +343 / 1
    I bought my 490 LL for $225 when it was being closed out about 25 years ago in favor of the SP. I wouldn't sell it for anything. It is hands down the best trout rod I have ever had. It has landed steelhead and big tout on the Deschutes on several occasions. The rod is my first choice when heading out for trout even though I prefer 4 pc. rods now, merely for the convenience. I fear breaking it in some weird accident though but found out that it could be repaired because Sage still has the mandrels to roll a new blank.
  12. Gary C. Brown Les Paul Lover

Maple Valley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a 4711 LL I bought new for 395.00 at Kauffmans in Seattle in 1994 and it will never be sold. One of my nephews has already claimed it after I am to old to use it or gone. One of the finest small water rods I have ever owned.
  13. Bill Miller New Member

St. Louis, Mo
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    These threads always leave me wondering about the value of my original 389-3LL, it was a gift from Ed Storey at Feather-Craft, I also have two other original LLs a 4711-2 and a 586-3. On the other hand it doesn't really matter, they aren't going anywhere.
  14. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    The real value of any piece of equipment, is what YOU place on it.

AND what the buyer is willing to pay.

I have some rods and reels that are PRICELESS. I will never part with them. Never say never. My heirs might see them differently. They have never fished with them. They might go pretty cheap at some time in the future.
  15. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +567 / 0
    OK, I'll sell my 2 piece LL 279--2wt. $700.
  16. Don Freeman Free Man

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    I have a 2 piece 479 which I built from a kit that cost me 99 bucks about 25 years ago. It has a low end reel seat. Who knew?

What's it supposedly worth?