Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yak Float/Dry fly rod ideas

494 views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  Big Ben 
G
#1 ·
I drifted the Yak Monday with two guys from Westfly who defenitely knew how to fish. I got in late and night-fished hoppers to rising fish till 10:00 PM. The wind made it interesting the next day but we still had a pretty productive day trying to keep up with the fishs' feeding mood. In the evening we anchored up and I got to throw a Scott G-series 8'8" 3wt with a #18 CDC to a rising trout and now I know why some folks only fish dries to rising fish, I'm not ready to swear off my methods yet but I am in the market for a 4wt 8'6" to use on small streams and dry fly situations. I'm thinking about the Legend Ultra 8'6" 2-piece but I would appreciate any feedback on that rod or reccomendations for any others to cast before I buy, thanks. I drifted the Upper Deschutes Saturday and had a blast. Not a bad long weekend, drifting the Deschutes and Yakima a day apart. The drive wasn't too bad either. Four days living out of a Hyundai and filling open seats on blue ribbon rivers. I'm always willing to trade sleep for fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.