Yak river

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by johnnyV, Apr 14, 2002.

1. johnnyV

johnnyV New Member

Just returned from the yak river,sat,not bad,river very high&muddy! not very many being caught, a lot rising though.did hook into one but I lost him,beautifull weather! sunny&warm. sunday morn,windy & snowing river totally blown out!! Oh well, next time tanks to all who have helped me out with my questions! tight lines!!! :SAD

2. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Media:
    where were you on the river?

3. johnnyV

johnnyV New Member

I was at umptanum,right below the bridge,pretty much the only good wading in the area, sorry I didnt mention that earlier!! I think I will go back in 2-4 weeks and try it again! but at about 4pm the fish started going nuts! jumping slashing and so on,I thought for sure I would be doing better than I did! oh well, I needed the practice!! by the way , on the way home I went to check out the teanaway,just to look, that river is so far up, I saw a house and part of someones property go in the river!!! well take care!!! johnny!

4. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Media:
    I live in eburg, obviously... there has been ugly weather the last couple of days- 35mph winds, rain- might snow tonight. My WeatherBug program is saying it's flooding or about to flood on the Yakima in the Easton/Cle Elum area. Good weekend to have 500-600 pages of text books to read.