Yakima Report - unusual techniques and a chance WWF meeting.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Patrick Gould, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I hit the river this morning at 9:00. Tried drifting a Stonefly dry with a dropper. No luck in my usual productive spots, not even a strike. Switched to a large Cranefly dry and fished the slower, slicker water. Bingo, two fish and multiple strikes over the next half hour. Decided to try swinging an October Caddis pupa. Bingo again! One 17"
    immediately followed by an 15".

Pulled into Worley Bugger to show off the pics since I had bought both flies from them. I was pleasantly surprised to see Chad Lewis there so I took him to the Tav. (Great bar, but surprisingly not dog friendly, even in the courtyard) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379717585.171252.jpg
  2. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,264 / 0
    I had the pleasure of fishing with Mr. Lewis last week, although as luck would have it fishing was slooooow.
  3. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +963 / 1
    I met the unruly dog two winters ago. I suspect the pup listens better now that it's more mature.
    Patrick Gould likes this.
  4. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    I was out rowing a friend on Tuesday and at one anchor spot managed to hook on this guy. Measured 19"( in the measure net.) #18 parachute Adams as I saw lots of rises to small Baetis. River is fishing good right now! photo.JPG
  5. John Clark Member

Portland OR/Hamilton Mt.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    In the future, if you have your dog with you go to the frontier right next door to the tav...good bar ax well.
  6. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +639 / 0
    Nicely done, folks; thanks for sharing. My dog won't even take me into bars anymore . . . I ruin his well-behaved reputation . . .
    triploidjunkie, Irafly and Chad Lewis like this.
  7. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 0
    Great to have lunch and a beer with Patrick. I went to the stretch Steve recommended. Put my rod together and realized my bag of reels got unpacked with the camping gear. So back to Worley Bugger where Steve let me borrow a reel for the day. He didn't even make fun of me while I was there; that Steve's a class act. Went back to Steve's recommended spot and proceeded to have a really good day. Shackleton (my dog) got pretty excited about one fish and got in a little deep when he saw it on the line. While I played the fish he came floating by in front of me paddling for the shore in some decent current. I gave him a push to 'till he got his feet under him and he got to sniff a fish a minute later. God knows why a Welsh Terrier is so interested in fish. Gonna have to take him to the river in a PFD from now on if he keeps this up.

Triploidjunkie, thanks for taking me fishing last week. Looking forward to a rematch sometime.
    triploidjunkie likes this.