Zipperlip pond fishing report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

First off, I'd like to apologize to anyone who thinks I should tell them were I fished today. Thats not happening.

The body of water in question was stocked by my club, as a test. We wanted to see if it would make a good candidate for the quality water program. As this lake is open, you can see why we have to keep it quiet.

I fished it today for the first time. Fished a Clear int. with a olive wolly. Some black mig. coming off but NO surface activity, so the dry flies stayed dry. Fishing was good if slow. Water was really cold. I guess the fish were as well. Averaged about one fish every 30min. The club put a few big ones in and I managed to hook three of them.

I was really shocked how fat they were. well feed. Got to say, they didn't put up nearly the fight I expected. The biggest was 22" and I could of handled him on a 3wt. no problem. 5wt was overkill. Not because I'm some kind of super fisherman. (I am) But because the fish once hooked, acted like brood stock. I had to strip them all in to keep tension on them. Hopefully they will perk up with some warmer weather.

After a couple of fun but fruitless steelhead trips, it's kind of nice to stick a few. Good day:thumb:

2. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

3. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Excellent! And kudos to your club for doing something proactive toward improving a fishery. :beer2:

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Sweet secret squirrel report!

5. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Dont show us your nuts

6. guess i should work toward an invite to join the club. I'd be happy to cook a lamb dinner if that's what it would take?

7. Chef

Chef New Member

did someone say lamb? Shit.... I might get fired.

8. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Nice report. Where did you say you were fishing?:clown:

9. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Just the other side of Kissmyass!!!:)

10. Chef

Chef New Member

ass hole?

11. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

Is that a new form of water therapy?