______ Creek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kalm, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Map ftw

2. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

your not talking about crab, tuccanun, east lewis or elwah are ya.

3. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I don't give out names of creeks that I fish any more.
    I'll give the names and put X's on lakes, but not the creeks.

5. snagged

snagged Braided wind knots are my specialty

Just an FYI: I did a search using the term creek. This thread was the first in the list of results, and the first thing I read was Kalm's posting. Granted I didn't read the date, but I didn't think the first result would have been that old.
    You all are assuming that I don't have a gazetteer already, and haven't gone to the library to look at the county maps, pulled up the topo maps from the USGS. I've done these already, but a blue line on a map doesn't tell me anything. I've hiked some of the "blue lines" around here and they have the same flow as a rain gutter when the sprinklers are on. I've Google mapped some of the other blue lines and the funny thing about streams, dang if they don't have a bunch of trees growing over them. I came to a site like this to hopefully narrow down the long list of blue lines without having to take a 4 hour round trip.
    I have 2 days off soon so I'm going to take one of my sons and head up to the general area. We'll explore some of the blue lines.

6. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

7. snagged

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue what TTIS means. If it's derogatory, feel satisfaction in my being stumped and insulted. Otherwise, please explain.

8. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Dear snagged
    Please don't be upset by some of these responders.
    Creeks that have casting room and ample trouts are hard to find.
    I will give out a creek that is no secret, unfortunately a lot of other fisher have hammered it also.
    The Teanaway, enjoy

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

TTIS? This Thread Is Stupid? That is my guess. I think that a place that can sustain pressure, has ample conversation and access is freely talked about. Those that are more remote, unable to sustain more pressure or really strike you as nirvana...keep the lid on that type of place. Take a friend (blindfolded as I normally have to travel) and enjoy, but don't boadcast. I'm not against sharing, but there are a lot of ways to share that don't involve posting: Go to here. Stand on this rock. Fish with this.

10. James W. Haan

James W. Haan Member

Home Page:
    Get out and explore those blue lines. Some don't pan out, some can be gems. This is east of Oroville Ca, just one of the feeder creeks to the Feather river.

11. snagged

Thanks, I'll look it up and give it a shot.

12. snagged

Pend Orielle creeks
    If I had it to do over again, I'd probably do the same, but I'll spare everyone else the trouble. I went with my son to explore the northern reaches of WA. We chased down so many blue map lines only to find I can jump across them without any effort. Creek is being generous.
    We did catch fish though and set two records: My son caught his first trout, fly fishing no less, and I caught the smallest fish I've ever caught - 1 1/4" on a size 18 Griffith's gnat. It looked like my daughter's guppy with brooky markings. Photo to come. All fish survived. We finally wandered up to Brown's lake and I finally had success on a chironomid with a floating line.

Well, we've gone northeast, I'm not sure where next. Still tired of lakes, and my son really liked the streams.
    Next year I'm buying an Idaho license.