NFR Another retirement thread

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Steve Vaughn, May 11, 2014.

1. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

The Upper Tucannon used to be a fav place to fish, but it is no more. The river has been regulated to death. Rather than patrol the area, enforce the selective fishery rules, & punish the bait dunkers & poachers, the authorities found it easier to spank everyone & just close-off more & more of the river to fishing. Good luck on your quest, Steve. My Son recently moved to Florida, so just my Daughter remains here; when I retired, I contemplated returning back home to Montana, but I like the weather here (although I could do with less wind) and there's plenty of good fishing in the vicinity year-'round. Montana haunts are only 6-1/2 hours away and a guy doesn't have to shovel sunshine here, plus I'm close to excellent medical care, should that become necessary someday.

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

if you like constant wind,Havre Montana is the place to be.Never have figured out how those cowboys keep their hat on. It's so windy there that they don't even dig holes for telephone poles they just lean them into the wind!

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Now who's telling tall stories.

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'm a fisherman and in fact a fly fisherman , tall stories are to be expected!!!

5. Jim Ficklin

I spent my share of time passing through Havre on my way to Plentywood every summer.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What did you lose in that corner of Montana. That's a long way from everywhere.

7. Jim Ficklin

I had a cousin who married a wheat farmer up that way (south of Redstone). I went-up and helped-out during harvest season when I was a kid.