Any Spooky Fishing Stories?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Breck, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Caught a humpy. Next day I caught a triploid.
    Pretty spooky weekend for me.

constructeur and Nick Clayton like this.
  2. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

This one made me laugh like hell...

3. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

OP last year, with a couple buddies...we were walking into a nice spot to scope it out before we floated it the following day. It was dusk so we were hustling to make it to the river in time when we ran smack dab into this dude. He was so hopped up on something that we could hardly understand his 100 mph russian-english speak. All of us were wide eyed as we observed his erratic behavior and talk. We pretty much decided he just killed someone and the dumped the body and the spinning rod was his cover story. Reason #243 I carry when I fish.

jake-e-boy likes this.
  4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Fishing the Ronde a number of years ago myself and a buddy had to move because a group of wild sheep were making their way down the cliff across the river from us and were dislodging enough rocks and other debris from the cliff into the river it was becoming perhaps a bit dangerous and at least scaring any fish that might be in the area. We moved downstream from where the sheep were coming down the cliff and continued to fish. The sheep eventually made their way down to the river and crossed over to our side. I didn't think much of it until my friend who was downstream of me yelled at me to turn around. When I turned around there was perhaps as many as 15 to 20 wild sheep standing not more than 10 feet away staring at me. To have a number of wild animals standing 10 feet away and staring at you is a bit spooky to say the least. Apparently they got board watching me, so they moved down to where my friend was and watched him for about 5 minutes before leaving.

5. steelydan

steelydan Newb seeking wisdom

There was a story on another board about a guy pulling anchor on the Columbia river and as the anchor came up, an odor preceded it, and then a body.....Seriously.

6. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Wasnt it Dustin Bise who had a bad run of finding bodies whole fishing a couple years back?

triploidjunkie likes this.
  7. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I know John Farrar found a "floater" once. My neighbor was with him.

8. Breck

Breck The Whisky Guy

I seem to remember having some involvement in that incident....:rolleyes:

orangeradish likes this.
  9. PT

PT Physhicist

A few years ago, a guy (Mr. Rxxxx) was being investigated for moving the river channel around with his bulldozer on the Sauk and it was all over the news. All of us in Pugetropolis were shiskabobbing the guy and he'd had enough of us city folk. They walked in a long ways to find me and made it real clear that I tell all my friends that they own the land all the way from the mill in Darrington to the bridge below the Suiattle. I had a long conversation with the guys back at my truck trying to explain myself and understand where they were coming from.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2001877416_sauk12m.html

I didn't post it all over the boards because, in a way, I understood where he was coming from. Didn't agree with it but understood. Furthering the divide between us city slickers and people in the rural areas doesn't do anybody any good. Best that I was just respectful and opened a bit of a conversation with them. They've seen the onslaught of us fly flingers over the past couple decades who think we are God's gift all things environmental and they wanted to make a point. I wasn't on their land but was in their world.

10. very interesting pt thanks for the share

11. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

My closest "spooky" one was the time I hooked a sunken burlap bag that had a dead baby pig in it.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I remember that.

13. tinman207

tinman207 Active Member

Fishing Puget Sound alone in a float tube at dusk.....legs dangling down over who knows what. I thought about it too much and ended up doing a bit of a panic paddle in....which made me think panicking would attract a predator more....which made me panic more. I was laying on shore panting with my belly boat still on my waist and I look up and see a guy sitting on a log smoking a pipe......he just said "The hell was all that about?"

14. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

That seriously made me laugh out loud.....because I've been there!

Except I was in a lake (I hate lakes), with murky water, and my leg bumped a log under the surface. Now, for most people, this would be no big deal, however, I am not most people. I conjured up all kinds of ideas on what that bump could have been...enough to make me "panic paddle" back to shore and promptly sell my float tube to my buddy for next to nothing. Haven't been in one since...and I still hate lakes.

15. olypenjeeper

olypenjeeper Active Member

I came across this years back on the upper Sol Duc, inside the national forest. Kinda spooked me alittle bit. It was pretty far off the beaten path. No one was home this visit. I went back the following summer and the winter flows had completely destroyed it all together, nothing remained.

[​IMG]

astrofisher likes this.