Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone notice the new poster ratings?

2K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  jabseattle 
#1 ·
Either they've always been there and I'm blind, or they're new. On the upper right hand side of your name when you post there is now three different icons that define your status on the board, along with a colored box that tell you whether you're headed up shit's creek; some how I'm not:confused: Have I been blind all this time? Regardless It's a great way of self monitoring your own behavior, be aware of potential trolls, or reporting bad threads.

#2 ·
Just playing with some options. Any change or new feature would be based on helping those selling / buying in the WFF Classifieds to better know who they are dealing with.

/

This seams pretty useless. It's commonly used by many other boards, but so what.

I'm not 100% up on the entire functionality with this feature, but it goes pretty deap allowing members to issue infractions / feedback on others. Could be helpful, could be a dumb feature that'll only serve to enable a net-nanny atmosphere. Not sure.

User Profile > User Notes: [Post User Note]
This has also been turned on.

#4 ·
This must be what Chris meant when he mentioned that he had things in store to make the forum better.
But as I looked through some posts, there's a gray box and when you scroll over it it says "So and so is an unknown quantity" What does that mean, we don't now how many of that person exists?

I'm sure Chris will explain it all.

#5 ·
This must be what Chris meant when he mentioned that he had things in store to make the forum better.
Nope.

I'm sure Chris will explain it all.
Just testing. If / when I decide to leave one of the options up based on feedback from you guys and functionality testing, I'll explain it then. In the mean time, play with it.

#13 ·
The infractions thingy is good, really good. That's based on the stuff in the admin area only the mods and I can see. Still I just can't see it benefiting more than the moderators if / when the boards gets big enough where it's too difficult to track infrequent yet ongoing issues with certain members.

From what I'm seeing the user notes utility is probably the best option as it provides the ability for feedback with some background, rather than just an "infraction". Still, there needs to be better visibility with the user notes area than blended in within the info on someone's user profile.

#17 ·
Weeeee!

Over at photonet the programmers and I are in the middle of creating something along these lines. At some point, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the system that you end up with here.

If you think that people are rude when someone tells them that a $200 rod is a good as their $600 rod, imagine how they must react when someone tells them that a $800 camera is as good as their $4000 camera. Good times and angry email!

#25 ·
I think you're sent a PM notification when you're given an infraction but not sure on where to go to check out a historical list. Maybe that changes after you have one. I'll toss a couple your way in test.

And note that this likely won't be for anything beyond keeping track of classified transactions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.