NFR Burkheimer spey talk and pictures.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by liltanker32, Jun 15, 2013.

1. TrevorH

TrevorH Active Member

T&T was purchased (recapitalized) a couple years ago, but Kerry Burkheimer is very much still at the helm of Burkheimer rods.

2. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

I met Kerry at the Sandy river speyclave a few years ago, really nice guy and a great crew.
    I hope the company goes from strength to strength, it is really important to have companies like Burkheimer around for future development and quality fly fishing tackle.
    The fly fishing market is struggling a little right now with many marketing companies going to the wall, Hardy/Greys just sold and Loop selling 75% to an investment company, Sceirra, Snowbee and many others falling off the chart here in the UK, but these are marketing companies that really make nothing, just ship it in and ship them out from the far east, so support Kerry if you can and keep a quality product going.
    Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff.

3. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

WHo bought Hardy Gordon?
    What changes will that mean?

4. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Not sure who as bought them over as yet, as they just got someone to buy the company a couple of weeks ago, and I have not heard as yet.
    I think they paid off around 20 staff at the factory and office, but i'm sure it will be business as usual for them, others will disappear for good and some are gone already.
    Cheers Gordon
    DTX Pro Staff.

5. liltanker32

liltanker32 Member

This is why we need to keep guys like Kerry and the crew alive. I want them to be around when my kids are grown. Both my kids already love to fly fish and the are only 5. That's when I started and I haven't put it down sense then

6. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

I read somewhere that is an outfit called Pure Fishing . http://www.uk.purefishing.com/

I can NOT see how this is going to be good for Hardy , unless Pure Fishing has real deep pockets , and a willingness to finance and let Hardy do what Hardy does best .

7. James Waggoner

James Waggoner Active Member

IMGP0058.JPG
    Just one of my favorite Burkheimers. Fantastic rod...Thanks Rob for getting her back together again!

Big Tuna likes this.
  8. liltanker32

liltanker32 Member

alright I am a burkheimer nut now. I think im gonna buy a seven weight for nymphing steelhead and trout. that means I now need a hatch 7 plus. good god this is getting expensive quick. oh well if I dont spend my money who will.

9. Jack Devlin

Jack Devlin Active Member

What do you Burkie fans think about an 8134 4 piece for Kodiak steelhead? Other suggestions, recommendations?
    Jack