Ebey Lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dryguy, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Rollei 35

Rollei 35 New Member

Gary,

I also recall several roads leading into there, but save the Ebey Mtn. road to the lake, I never explored any of the other roads. The maps I have do not show any other access. Do you recall how you got to it? I should be up in the area this weekend, picking up a dog, and I plan to do some exploring. Any helpful hints would save the wear and tear on the 4x4 suspension or my knees.

2. Jim Jenkins

Jim Jenkins New Member

I believe the road you are talking about is a logging road that takes off to the east just past the houses on the south side of the mountain. Let us know if you find a way in. The road that leds off to the the NW at the power lines has a big No Trespassing sign on it. If you go up that road it looks like you'll need the 4X4. Good luck.
    Jim J.

3. Gary B

Gary B New Member

It has been many many years since I was back in there, I would not try to go in there without a winch or another rig. As I remember it you came to a road on the left, I believe it went up and around as soon as you turned onto it, you went up that road for a little was and the road to ebay was on the right, but the problem is it did not look like a road, that the opening it was a good sized mud hole and one you got past that it turned into a road kind of, at points it was only a trail, we were into 4 wheeling back then, and didn't care about scratching our rigs. There was a tree across the road and a tall vechicle could not go under it. There was a tree buried in the road that made it like a step up that was kind of hard to get over. These days I don't know if the opening could even be found. I was thinking of going up there and looking but I would not try that road with out another 4x4 along. If I remember right I found the road because I had to pee, and went up there and found the road so we went looking for it. I believe the easyiest way to find it would be for a couple rigs to go in and somebody go to the lake and find the road and try to walk out then you could mark the entrance. maybe have a phone and then catch a ride back. I think that would be fun. Anybody interested?

Gary

4. Rollei 35

Rollei 35 New Member

Gary,

I.... think not. Digging out a stuck 4x4 is not how I prefer to spend my weekends. Guess I'll make the long walk from the gate, try not to be too obvious in my trespass, and see what is up there.

5. Gary B

Gary B New Member

Sofar I have been lucky, never had to dig out yet, but I have always had a winch. One of these days I'll go up there and check it out.

Gary

6. Jonduke

Jonduke New Member

Hi, I've been looking into Ebey for awhile, been reading all these posts, but how long of a hike is it from the gate to the lake? I'm sure its been said, ive just missed it. Thanks-
    Jon