NFR Fireworks?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Theron, Jun 29, 2014.

1. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

Nice Cup! I agree with others on here it would not bother me one bit if they outlawed the dam things after all I am celebrating my freedom by Keeping my property and pets safe.
    Another problem is all the freaking trash left by the people that shoot the dam things off. Try and go for a walk the next morning and you will find shit every where.

2. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

I say ban stupid dogs and blow more stuff up. Poor animals keeping them up locked up in a little yard. No wonder they freak out

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Here in Dillon it sounds like WW III going off. But I don't worry about it. I'm usually in bed and asleep when all that noise is going off.

When I was a kid we enjoyed the Firecrackers. As we were always seeing how high you could blow the can you were playing with. But now a days all they want to do is make noise. And that noise doesn't make the vets very happy.

4. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

[​IMG]

Gary Knowels and Eyejuggler like this.
  5. Theron

Theron Active Member

I may have to rethink my shooting of fireworks on the 4th after reading some of the comments on this topic. The last thing I want to do is pollute this beautiful beach with debris from fireworks. I will probably just make the short drive to Freeland and watch their display. Thanks for making me think.

rory, weiliwen and Eyejuggler like this.
  6. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Do what you want man. Just because some are bitching about fireworks and why they do not like them does not mean you should give up something that is your American right.

7. mgamby

mgamby Active Member

" It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

John Adams Wrote that......in 1776...

Maybe we all should suck it up for a day, and enjoy our independence.... however you choose.

I don't think "preventing others from doing things you don't personally approve of, because it makes your puppy stress out", is in the Constitution.

8. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Nothing wrong with exercising your freedoms as long as you do it legally, ethically, and clean-up your mess. On this side of the state, too many people have had to exercise their freedom by watching prayerfully as flames from a fireworks-ignited fire approached their homes. Most municipal and state codes are enacted for a pretty good reason.

Gary Knowels, Dan Nelson and KerryS like this.
  9. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

Light up the sky! Celebrate the 4th of July. Be responsible for your actions.

Enjoy your freedom.

Stew McLeod likes this.
  10. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

I'm guessing it would sound like shit and make clean-up of your gun a real pain :D.

11. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I think its ironic that the native americans on Indian reservations sell us fire works to celebrate independance day with. right after we gained independance we started rounding them up and placeing them on reservations!!!!

12. jwg

jwg Active Member

What happened to

“one person’s liberties end where another person’s begin”?

Here is how the use of currently legal and illegal fireworks impacts my liberty in Eastern Washington.

I hesitate to go and enjoy and participate in civic celebrations on the fourth, due to concerns about staying on my property ready to defend against fires.

Similarly, I won’t schedule a vacation or fishing trip away over this time period for the same reason. (So this thread is fishing related.)

These are not hypothetical concerns.

One year, while I was away at a civic celebration on July 4th, my neighbor’s teenagers bottle rockets (illegal) started a brush fire on the lot next to me. The breezes blew the fire away from my property, and happily, no houses were set fire, but the brush fire did go right up to another neighbors natural gas tank (that could have been exciting). And when I got home after work the next day, the ground was smoking in a couple of places where roots were still burning. What if the blaze had reignited at night when people were sleeping?

Another year, kids playing with legal fire works a couple days before the fourth started a brush fire directly upwind from my property, one block away. This was after dark, the air was breezy, and so pretty scary. Seeing my elderly neighbors on the lot next to the fire, the old woman looking vulnerable in her nightgown, their outbuildings and vehicles threatened, silhouetted in the flames, is not an event to celebrate.

So, every year, I pre-deploy a ladder to my roof, pre-deploy sprinkers around my outbuilding, have hoses on carts ready to move wherever I need them, and stay home on the fourth. Bummer. So much for my liberty on July the 4th.

J

13. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

if you really want to have some fun, not deal with anti-firework laws, blow up a bunch of shit, and watch a hell of a fireworks show head out to neah bay for the 4th. just don't try to get to bed early after being up since 4am salmon fishing.

14. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

The Res is where you want to go for the cool stuff. Although don't try taking any on a state ferry and be careful leaving the Res with a car load of the good stuff if there are cops waiting since they are technically not legal off the Res. I've never had a problem but you always here of people getting pinched.

Just like anything else, firearms aren't as dangerous as people like to make them out to be so long as your not a dumbass.

generic and bennysbuddy like this.
  15. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

I like blowing stuff up as much as the next guy. I hate litter though, so I abstain. I did tie some flies with shiny fireworks Mylar litter I picked up last year. Fireworks=litter and litter=lame