Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hoko River

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  clockwork 
#1 ·
I fished the Hoko on Friday for the first time. I was surprised to see one drift boat on such a small river, and several other groups of gear fishers. They all said that they'd had some success.

I fished the bottom half-mile of the fly-only water, with no sign of fish, and then about a mile down from the bridge.

Although I was after steelhead, I was surprised to see a nice fish rising to mayflies, and shortly after that I landed a 12" searun cutt from the same spot (It took a glo-bug).

When I got home I realized I'd left my Simms wading staff and belt at the parking area for the fly-only water (or it might have fallen off the roof of my car down the road). If anyone found it, please email me at joe@lsbio.com.

Thanks,
Joe

#2 ·
thanks for the report, ive always been curious about that river. its a very pretty and peaceful little stream, i can't beleive someone had a boat on it! seems to me they would be dragging it most of the way and at least over log jams. i don't think it gets fished very often either. never fished it myself, just drooled at it when i was up there for our annual sekiu excursion. -ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.