Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hot beach report

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Pat Lat 
#1 · (Edited)
The weather anyway. Way too hot and bright for my liking today.
Like fishing an aquarium.
Started a bit before 6:00. Ended up fishing three beach with seven cutts to hand. Nothing of much size.

There was a bunch of bait at one beach that was exploding out of the water. I foul hooked one on a cast and it turned out to be a 3" herring.

Saw a few horned up dungies doing their thing.
Noticed a small fish swimming near shore and scooped it into my basket. I believe it is a gunnel.
Headed home around noon for eat lunch and have a few cold ones.
SF

See less See more
#6 ·
Just a reminder to you and the other lads in the northwest......
you are in paradise!

After the runs were over in 2015, I'd planned 6 months fishing tarpon, snook and other species in the warmer climes ... and got snagged in Richmond, Indiana these last 3 months with carp, catfish and white bass....
... i guess i shouldn't complain ... it's fishing ... so spoiled on Vancouver island.

please guys consider the unfortunate...... and don't complain too much about the pinks this year.

#10 ·
Just a reminder to you and the other lads in the northwest......
you are in paradise!

After the runs were over in 2015, I'd planned 6 months fishing tarpon, snook and other species in the warmer climes ... and got snagged in Richmond, Indiana these last 3 months with carp, catfish and white bass....
... i guess i shouldn't complain ... it's fishing ... so spoiled on Vancouver island.

please guys consider the unfortunate...... and don't complain too much about the pinks this year.
nic,
Just not a fan of hot weather as a wet side NW lifer.
My idea of a great summer would be one where the temps never reach 80 degrees. We had one of those types of summers a few years ago and I remember many like that as a kid.
I'd rather rust then melt....
SF

#11 ·
nic,
My idea of a great summer would be one where the temps never reach 80 degrees. We had one of those types of summers a few years ago and I remember many like that as a kid.
SF
Reminds me of fishing with a wetsider a time or two. They're slathering on sunscreen and it's only eighty five.

#15 · (Edited)
nic,
SF
It was more jealousy of the cutts you caught and the NW beaches - a result of currently finding myself fishing in mud bowls, rather than issues of hot weather.
Although, since you mention it, never once did i complain about the sun in 8 years fishing tropical beaches in Nicaragua.

My reason for sparing the sun resides in being born and brought up in Scotland - where it's cauld and pishes cats and dugs every day of the year.

I'm exaggerating there, Stonefish, the record clearly shows that the sun did come out on the banks of the Clyde - twice in 23 years ;)

#17 ·
We have even year pinks in PS Rivers, just not very many. Quinn says in his textbook that the even year pinks in a given PS River like say the Skagit are more closely related to even year pinks in AK than even and odd year pinks from the Skagit are to each other. That's how inflexible their life history is to stray spatially but not temporally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.