How I Roll

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Paul_, Mar 24, 2013.

1. PETI

PETI Member

You complaining??
    At least you’re getting to go….for now.
    They’re just staging you for the takeover!!

Paul_ likes this.
  2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

For you yonger guys. I spent the first 15 years of my adult/working life going after high dollar construction jobs and commercial fishing opportunities, riding Harleys, and chasing loose women up and down the west coast from Mexico to Alaska. I have been places and done things most "normal" people wouldn't/couldn't dream of. I have drinkin'/druggin'/party stories the devil himself is jealous of. I have caught steelhead in rivers from nothern CA to southern AK and damn near everywhere in between. Live when you are young 'cause you only get to do this once. There is plenty of time to do the family thing. Just remember there are few joys in this world that equal the time spent with your children and/or your grand children.

Kyle Smith likes this.
  3. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Way cool Alex. This is my little one recieving her first weapon handling lesson from Karl last week.[​IMG]

She's finally talked us into a dog too, so this June we'll be picking up a GSP for her to work with. I'm going to have my hands full!

ganglyangler and Alex MacDonald like this.
  4. James St. Clair

James St. Clair stclairj

Having a similar experience at the St. Clair Household:

Here's a couple pics of Kaelon, my 4.5 year old. We also have a 1.5 year old who hopefully will follow in the footsteps. Anyways, the first pic was Kaelon when he was 3, he liked to ride in the backpack and watch the action. Last year, when he had just turned 4, he decided that the backpack was uncomfortable, and that he wanted to fish. I helped him with the casting, but he must have learned from watching me what to do once we set the hook. He stripped this fish in on his own and was very excited! Very cool experience, can't wait to get him out in the drift boat this year! Kaelons First Fish.jpg james and kaelon fishing.jpg

constructeur likes this.
  5. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

I bought my granddaughter her first rod last April for her 3rd birthday--a Dora the Explorer spincast that she soon learned to cast well. She caught her first fish on the first time out on Indian River near Vero Beach, FL. She then took us for a boat ride. This year, I'm getting her another rod, not because the old one is broken, but because she "needs" more than one, and besides, I'm training her right.

Attached Files:

6. The Dude

The Dude Member

Daughter is almost out of the house. She can catch fish, but she may never be able to undo the tackle mess since I've been doing it all for the last 18 years..

7. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

You know, that looks very similar to my first .22! Before you know it, you'll be up to your eyeballs in pheasant feathers!

8. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

I don't see Mom and Pops PFD ;)

9. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

HA. Good catch.

10. ganglyangler

ganglyangler Bird Dogs and Fly Rods

That same .22 rifle was my first gun, given to me on my 12th birthday. Dug itout when I saw this thread. It is a Remington Model 514, shoots shorts, longs, and long rifle. Packed it on my trap line and
    early grouse hunts when I was a kid. Gonna have to go shoot that old gun soon. Well done getting the kid into it Constructeur! Much fun to be had and a great lil gun to start a kid on. Thanks for bringing back some good memories!