I have decided to quit

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Evan Virnoche, Jun 28, 2013.

1. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Just a thought only. Your 'friends/you' call you "Bass Turds." I'm no 'shrink' but what does that say to your face, let alone when your not there?

As to a posters history, of major interest to me, and probably others. Context if you will. Been there, fished with what, for what, success? Etc.

Further comments come to mind, but I'll stop here.

fae

2. Thanks again

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

3. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I call him Evan and have nothing but good things to say about him.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  4. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Yep super guy.

5. Skyler Evans

Skyler Evans Active Member

HA HA HA HA HA, someone needs to watch epic rap battles of history on youtube. this will make you laugh.

David Dalan likes this.
  6. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Speycasting is interesting for sure. Fred knows of what he speaks and will never steer you wrong, unless you're not hearing him correctly.

I sent you a DT10 a while ago and wonder if you've tried casting it? It's heavy for your rod but should be perfect at short range. If you concentrate on that line you'll learn to spey cast, if you get bummed because you can't shoot much and don't try to make it work it won't. Stick with that line and you'll end up having easy peasy casting on all the shooting heads and short/mid belly lines. It really is about learrning how to make it work and skagit lines don't teach anyone anything other than repetition. Speycasting is so much more than that and so much more rewarding once you figure out how it works.

When the 10wt. DT becomes too heavy go for an 8 or 9. and continue, you'll get a little more distance with each step down (wind nonexistant). I'll send you a 9wt DT if you're willing to fish it consistantly. Go through these lines and you'll end up the best speycaster on the block. It's all about feel and adjustment, the rod and line will give you the feedback, just listen to it.

Dave Evans likes this.