If you're interested in helping out with PHWFF at events/trips

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    This is for general info. I had the previous thread up, but it actually detracted from what we actually need. So deleted old thread, and starting new. This will help expedite things.

We don't always need help on the scene as in "support". We do have a certified fly casting instructor on hand usually, and our "regular" volunteers to help any of the new guys. But sometimes we do need extra help, whether it be boats, more support in kitchen/parking duties, etc.

So, here's the deal. Instead of the previous thread where I asked you to put up your skills, rivers you know, etc. Now just watch for a new thread in this forum and see what I need in way of volunteers. :) Makes it a lot easier. If you're interested, and have the skillset (or boat) to help out, volunteer. :)

Thanks again for all the support. If it wasn't for help off this board, I don't think our program would nearly be as successful as it has been (and we've had a lot of support from the local flyclubs too, so not knocking them either, especially since a lot of the members are members here too).

2. Dave Alberts

Dave Alberts Active Member

As always Jerry...what ever you need... It's on my calendar.

Dave

3. flyfisher228

flyfisher228 Member

Volunteered my boat and rowing services last year and was glad to help. I'm in again this year if you are in need. Just let me know the dates so I can hold them.

John

4. Jim Henderson

Jim Henderson Member

Jerry,
    Count me in for a boat and rower.
    Jim H

5. ZenDavid

ZenDavid New Member

Jerry,
    Thanks for the info. I stumbled upon this by accident and have been interested in getting some hands on volunteer time. I have a boat and fish the Yak frequently. Also an active tyer. Looking forward to getting involved.
    thanks

6. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Forget it.

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

Hi Jerry

I have emailed northwest@projecthealingwaters..com a few times but never heard back. Here is an updated version of the email I sent:

I am somewhat new to fly fishing. I've been fishing now for about two years. I've had the fortune to float the Yakima canyon a few times and routinely take day trips to the Snoqualmie/Tolt and Skykomish rivers. I began tying flies about a year and a half ago now. Fly fishing has truly become a new passion. (Taking a day trip to the Tolt river on Friday)

I also practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant and am pursuing entrance to a bridge program to earn my doctorate in Physical Therapy. I practice primarily in orthopedics but have done an internship at the Seattle VA hospital. As the son of a military man (my dad served in the Army for 24 years and is also a medical professional who recently caught the flyfishing bug), I have a desire to help out the military and ex military community as much as I can. While I can't afford to donate money at this time (school is expensive), I'd like to vounteer my time helping however I can. Please contact me at your earliest convenience letting me know how I can get more involved. Thanks!!

Nick Cobble, PTA

8. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Do you live closer to Seattle? We do have an active program at the Seattle VA. I can hook you up either way. May be a spam filter too.

9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I live in Woodinville. Just about a half hour from the Seattle VA. Any way I can help out there would be great. Thanks!!

10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I'm still very interested. I haven't heard anything recently and would really like to be more involved. Please send me more info...my wife is also interested in helping out if there are female veterans that would prefer a female volunteer.