Longest day of the year . . .

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    For us, here in the Pacific Northwest, the moon is full on Sunday, but it will appear to us as full on Saturday as well.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Dang, That time already and I haven't finished my summer projects yet.:rolleyes: Night should never last more than 7 or 8 hours. Its good for sleeping and not much else, unless you're some kind of nocturnal predator. Less darkness is just fine, since one can just close the blinds and the curtains. More than 8 hours of darkness outside just sucks.

I didn't get to see that big bad moon, as an overcast moved in when I was inside fixing dinner.

It was summer here yesterday for sure, with excellent small surf, water about as warm as it ever gets, everybody having a good time, and it didn't even bum me out after surfing, when I found that I had locked my spare key inside my rig (forgot to hide the key outside).
    I did have to trade the beer I had brought along as an after surfing refresher for the use of another surfer's cell phone so that I could call the locksmith, who showed up in only 10 minutes after I called, and dinged me for $65.
    No problem. I just went and bought more beers and went back to watch the surfing and talk to beautiful Canadian surfer girls.:D

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Hey Jim, at your age all you can do it talk about girls in general. AT my age I don't even think about them. Females are the things farthest from my memory.

4. Jim Wallace

Heh, heh. I'm not yet ready for the "Montana of the mind." I still live at the beach. The problem I have is dodging and escaping from the crazy ones! Seems like in my age range, they're all batshit crazy.:D
    Those surfer girls down from BC sampling our waves are often friendly, most always hot looking, and most of 'em can carry on a good conversation.:)

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

"Ah, save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.
    I got a big fat mama trying to break me.
    And I love to live so pleasantly,
    Live this life of luxury,
    Lazing on a sunny afternoon"

-- Ray Davies, Sunny Afternoon

K

Jim Wallace likes this.
  6. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Oh man... they all are! Just as they get older they make less and less effort at hiding it!!!

Jim Wallace and Kent Lufkin like this.
  7. Jim Wallace

Whew. I had begun to fear that I exuded some weird magnetism that only the crazy ones could tune into.