Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Loser Adams...Oops I meant lost Adams

913 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Stephen Rice 
#1 ·
Ok the official date for turning in your Adams for the Adams swap, has sort a come and gone. Thanks to:

Wazoo
Zweber
Andrew Krzysiek
Scott or Amy Butterfield
NWFLYFISHER
IRAFLY
Bob Triggs.

That leaves two missing. Who are you? I'll give you until Tuesday the 24th. That's my B-Day. I'm sending them on Wednesday the 25th.

IRA..

#4 ·
call me Loser Adams...

Um, well. Yes. Heh, heh. Ok, Um, yes. That is to say, my bad.

I can't account for Cam 09, DblHaul, ot Gotchasr, but I assume Scott/Amy and Zweber are 2 of those 3.

I can't reasonably account for my own tardiness either. I just got back last night from wandering the deserts of southern Arizona the last week-and-a-half, and work and certain house issues had been particularly hairy in the week or so leading up to departure. Still, I'm the one who got you all into this in the first place, and please know that I am suitably mortified. I did want to at least make my excuses before I left, but couldn't manage to even squeeze that in.

I surrender myself to the group's tender mercies. I will only say in my own defense that I tried to warn you I am an irresponsible lout, if a decent tyer, and understanding talk is cheap, I do now promise to at least excercise due diligence and care in the construction of the flies I'll be asking you to fish, my own little elk-wing version.

I can promise to have all the flies to IRA no later than Thurs the 26th. If you'll grant me this indulgence, to make up for my sloth I will personally guarantee a 20-inch rainbow to each and every fly, or your money back.

(IRA, I sent you a response to your private message.)

#10 ·
Well the flies are done and it's about time. I unfortunately did not get them in yesterday's mail as planned and promised but they are on the way as of Thurs AM; IRA should have them in tomorrow's mail. Hopefully he will be prompt about mailing all the flies out. ;) Did we ever find our ninth?

Again, I apologize about the delay, but I have a good feeling about these flies. On my way to work this morning, the water boiled along the bridge as I crossed Lake Washington. I can only attribute it to the fish-attracting powers of the eight little Adamses mounted in foam on the dash. The powerful juju in these small flies may derive from the wings and tails, tied from a mysterious patch of elk mane that has been in the helaers clan for as long as anyone can remember, about my mid twenties. They will not butter any parsnips, alas.

I only ask that you each excercise diligent caution when you fish one of these. Consider carefully if you want to fish it over any physically dangerous species, muskie, lingcod, very large chinook, snapping turtles (and I've never seen one but those tiger trout sound scary).

Thanks for your patience, and your flies. I wish you all good and fruitful loops. :thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.