My Boots are to tight! Help needed

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Bestbuilder, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Jim Darden

Jim Darden Active Member

Your problem is wearing sandals.....when I retired, I quit wearing shoes! Sounds great but I went from a size 10 boot to an 11 and then to a 12. I find the patagonias give me lots of room, you might try them, but buy them BIG.

2. later_Peter

later_Peter Active Member

I wear an 8.5/9 street shoe. Got a pair of Korker's Steelhead boots (Boa lace system) in size 10... a little loose but better the tight...
    (btw, what size are your boots?)

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Yup. My favorite wading boots are Danner (they stopped selling them) but there is no way in hell you can avoid suffering when wearing them when they are completely dry. Leather shrinks when dry. As a result, I soak them with the water the night before a fishing trip so they are easy to wear the next day while I'm trekking to the steelhead river.

The shrinking leather factor is the very reason the majority of wading boots these days are not made with genuine leather.

When I first started flyfishing there was no such thing as wading boots. Most guys used large size tennis shoes with their Seal Drys... 100 percent latex. Waders and boots have improved significantly over the years.

later_Peter likes this.
  4. Slate Run

Slate Run Adrift

Last month on the Henry's Fork my feet were just KILLING me. Now I admit, my feet are pretty ugly, and almost always hurt to some degree in hiking, skiing, or wading boots. I've played the custom fit, custom footbeds, etc game for years. But in August the pain red-lined, but I finally found the expert boot fitter. Just ask for "Joe" at the Chevron in Last Chance, ID for all your custom boot adjustments. Well worth the 780 mile drive!

Attached Files:

wadin' boot likes this.
  5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

got any size 10 for sale?

6. Bestbuilder

Bestbuilder Member

Home Page:

Ok, you win! My feet are no where near that bad! The good thing is you still have protection for your 4 other toes.

Slate Run likes this.
  7. PT

PT Physhicist

If you did this at home, you will have no problem when on the river. Dry wading boots are going to be tight. Danners were a bitch to get on when dry but were perfect in the water. Simms, less so when dry but perfect in the water.