NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Lugan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

OK wolf haters (aka livestock and big game lovers), how many of you are going to participate in this thinly-veiled bestiality event at this local goat brothel? http://goatolympics.org/

'Fess up!

2. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. UptheCreek

UptheCreek Member

I guess you can take it up with the person that went through that experience. I don't know him to be a liar and he was hunting in a remote place in Idaho. You might want to get out of the house once in awhile and breathe in some fresh air. It will do you some good.

4. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Wolves and domestic dogs are from common ancestors. Canines are highly mutatable. Without going into too much detail, SINEC_Cf DNA gets copied into RNA which then gets copied back into DNA then that DNA then sticks itself back into the dog genome. If it lands in the right spot, it's instant noticable mutation. If I am not mistaken canines have the highest rate of mutation of all carnivores. It's impossible to trace the origin of the first domestic dogs from fossil records since a new breed from a single bitch could be made in a single litter if you hit the mutation lottery. IE the first canine pair ever to exist on earth could have had a first litter of completly different looking breeds.

It doesnt matter if the cle-elum wolves are re-introduced or from a different stock that is not native. They will quickly change into their own stock that is suited for that area in a few generations anyway. Look at the difference between a Whidbey Island and Juanita coyotes. They look like two different animals.

Also, forget who the poster was, but wolves will kill in mass and leave uneaten carcases. It's the internal organs that they are after. That is where the most nutrition that they need is found.

5. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Good idea. I vote for a .38 Smith & Wesson. That way, I can rest assured knowing that after I get killed by a grizzly bear, what is left of my carcass will be scavenged by a pack of vicious blood thirsty wolves.

6. gt

gt Active Member

quick, get yur wep-pons, we is all headed for yellowstone country to shoot us some b'ars, heard one got a human, time fur revenge...........

7. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Ya, let's make light of the fact that a guy was just mauled and killed by a bear in Yellowstone. Very tacky!

8. gt

gt Active Member

the irony of it all bitterroot. any time an apex predator is involved, the knee jerk from the jerks is kill'um all. in reality, its most likely a small number or ranchers who may be impacted. you know the ones who figure they can free range their stock on land owned by you and me at next to no cost. the same ones for whom mitigation already exists. just another loop hole tax break for a few that the wolves, bears and who knows what else, will help to close, only seems fair.

and the guy in yellowstone? when you enter the domain of any apex predator, you need to assume the risks. same with my friend who was mauled by a brownie while fishing for salmon in AK. then of course, the guy in the ONP who died from being gored by a mountain goat. yah just never know now do'yah bitterroot.

9. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Yep, ya never know. Still no reason to make light of a tragic situation for that man and his family. I stand by my earlier comment...tacky.

10. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Hey thanks for the heads up, now I don't have to drive to enumclaw, hope they have a goat roping event!!!!

11. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

When can we talk about cougars again? That was a more visually-enticing topic IMO.

12. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

You asked for it...:rofl:

13. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Evidence of sheep fetishes among WFF membership reaches back to 2003. This is from the aptly-named "Hoh" event that year:

[​IMG]

14. ribka

ribka Active Member

Of course the unbiased Seattle Times would never have a political agenda

No hunting allowed in ONP just like Yellowstone. So introduce wolves their numbers will escalate and kill 80% of the elk herd and moose just like in Yellowstone and start spreading to other parts of the state. How can you introduce a predator like the wolf with NO management plan??

Many on here have alluded to returning the West to a natural state before man and ending hunting. Let the apex predators ( wolves, bear, cats) control the pops of elk deer, moose sheep. How many of you are for returning rivers and lakes to their natural states and banning the fishing for native trout , salmon and steelhead?

15. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

the vast majority of the elk killed by wolves are not even eaten, they are like gangsters out thrill killing. only in this case they are protected and celebrated for it. i wont hesitate to triple S.