Thanking the river, the sea,
The forest, green and golden,
Flying with the eagles,
I have set myself free.

Robert J. Lawless
1:01 AM 2/24/04

See less See more
#5 ·
I am no plagiarist-it's illegal and disgusting. If you can't think of something on your own, then you haven't thought of something at all. Why bother?.

Dope?
For releasing the fish?
For being nasty to you the other day?
For being on dope?
For being a dope?

And Max-well-Max is just Max if you know what I'm sayin'.
We're friends for life, you know. :beer2

Bob, the Worst Criticism Is No Criticiisim.:smokin

#9 ·
Dearest Bob-
I hope you understand that I was not suggesting plagiarism on your part. Plagiarist.com is just the name of the site that a web search for Elizabeth Bishop returned to me. Additionally plagiarist.com claims that it is "an online archive of the world's finest poetry. Besides the archive, we maintain the Plagiarist Poetry Discussion Forum, Plagiarist Poetry Resources (such as essays and lectures), and other things related to the writing and appreciation of poetry in general.

"What We Are Not

"We are NOT a site that will do your homework for you. The previous owners of this domain name sold term papers to cheaters (who almost certainly got caught). I'm sure the members of the forums would be happy to discuss things with you, but our goal is to provide information and an online repository of poetry to those who enjoy reading poetry, not for students looking for an easy way to finish off an assignment."

I thought your poem compared favorably to E. Bishop's, and hoped you would feel complimented to be included in her company.

President-for-Life
Moclips Surf Club
Driven by Irrational Exuberance!

#10 ·
Plagiaizing is a high sin in writing and only a scoundrel would resort to such a thing. I am just a scallawag, but the next step down would be to the ranks of scoundrels.

Bishop's poem resembles mine only in that both are about fish and we both have that rather unrhymed, unmetered
style. Is there room for both of us? Well, if I find Bishop walking along a dock, there will be a big splash.

And Ray, I suspect strongly that your mind is just too acute to need the works or ideas of others. I think you can function very nicely on your own. Anytime on the fishing.

And Bob, thanks for the kind words.

Bob, the poet who never was one.:bawling

#11 ·
literary criticism is something that most do as a way to simulate a focus around themselves as being someone who is in someway above another that is actually doing something. the true beauty of art is that it is an expression of a person's being open to interpetation by another allowing that person to be taken vicariously to places that said person may have not been, or with that perspective available. that being said....that was a great poem bob, my mind had pictures drawn from your words of places and situations that i would like to be. Thank You, nt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.