Pontoon or "U" boat

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by generic, Jan 15, 2014.

1. generic

generic Active Member

Thanks guys.... but I'm way over here in the Spokane Valley.

2. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Come on up to Ione after the general season opens. I'll put you in a SFC and on to some fish so you can make a rational decision.

One trick you guys that fish U-boats need to learn is to buy one of those closed cell exercise mats that cost about $10 at Walmart. Cut a piece to exactly fit the seat of your boat and attach it with double sided carpet tape. It is like sitting on a heating pad. Even if it gets wet it won't hold water and will still feel warm. If you have ever sat on one of those Styrofoam toilet seats up in Alaska you know what I'm talkin' about.

Ive

generic likes this.
  3. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

Which model is this? the link doesn't show anything at this length nor tube diameter.

4. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    This is a prototype model we are playing with and are considering adding it to our list of products. Not sure what link you are referring to but those were the dimension we physically took of the boat.

5. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Thanks for the tip, Ive

6. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

That explains why I couldn't find it on your "link" aka catchercraft.com website.

7. kurtataltos

kurtataltos Active Member

ok, to be a complete contrarian, I like being semi-submerger. Yep. ok, so it's chilly when its 34 degrees and you can't cast as far... got that. But, gawd made neoprenes and thermal underwear. A lot of float tubing is trolling with a sink/ sink tip line and once you get the line out you can add 10 feet to feel like you can cast forever. But... I land a LOT of fish between my legs, not in a net. Really. It calms them, they are in the water to some degree, I don't need a net (but I have one...), and since I don't use an apron on the U-boat type it works out quite well. As noted, NO ONE will like this. Regardless, it works... I have a net but, about 40% of the time, I simple catch and release without the net and just use my legs/fins as a trough to retrieve the fish, remove the hook, and gently let them recover. Really. Ok, I am "Abby Normal", got that. Regardless...