Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Project healing waters project.

Rod Building 
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Polar Shrimp 
#1 ·
So here is the deal I have a WW Grigg 9ft 8wt 2piece rod. What it needs is a new handle put on it. I quoted the price on what it would take to do this and it just is not worth it to me. However, I do not have the heart to throw a perfectly good rod away. It still has all the guides on it and is in great shape.

So I am curious if anybody would like to do a joint project with me. If you have a grip, reel seat, and fighting butt hanging around and are willing to do the work and install it on this rod I would love to then do a joint donation of the finished product to PHW.

I bought this rod several years ago and somehow lost the fighting butt for it. When I tried to find a replacement through WW grigg I got no where. So, I decided to remove the grip in hopes that I would just throw a brand new assembly on it. Really long story.

Would love to have some beers and learn the process of the whole thing too. I think it would be fun, and would be for a great cause. I am in Monroe so you guys know.

#4 ·
I am on the other side of the state, so working directly together on it would be difficult. I would be willing to help anyway I can. I could build the grip, reel seat and fighting butt and send it to someone for installation, or I you could send me the rod and I would do the installation. Or, anything in between. Let me know.
Where you located my good sir?

#6 ·
I have a reel seat and full wells grip I can donate. If you feel like trekking to Bainbridge we can do it together, otherwise I can send it to you for someone else to show you how. I dont have a fighting butt, but you can get one from utmost enterprises for a few bucks.

#9 ·
Daniel, I'm in Seattle and have put together a few rods and am competent but not all that skilled. If you want to work on it together I'd gladly help. The only catch is that we can't do it until mid June because I don't have the me due to school on top of work. I think I have a fighting butt and I'm sure we could chase up a grip and seat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.