Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Mayfly Aviator, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I wouldn't worry about this to much. The mods here are some of the best on the net. Everything has been rather calm here lately but sooner or later something will blow up on the forum and then you will see our mods in action. Once they step in things get taken care of swiftly. Jerry is already watching this thread and I am sure if action needs to be taken, he will.

flyfishingeric1 likes this.
  2. Eric Denny

Eric Denny Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!

Good and I'm glad its that way I'm sure I will rub some people the wrong way but I also know it won't be because of something like this, more like I will say something that someone doesn't agree with. But I'm all for people speaking there mind and can take what I give so I am good with that but I'm not good with paying for something and getting burned. But I am glad to know that this kind of thing is dealt with on here. And that I should feel like I can do a deal with someone I meet on here and not have to worry about this happening.

3. greenwater

greenwater Active Member

I just want to clarify since I am not sure I made it clear in my first post that the prior issue was theoretically taken care of to the satisfaction of the wronged party which is why the mods deleted the post (at least as I remember it). Reading back through this post, I am even thinking it was jessejames issue that I am remembering so he would likely recall more about it. Also, newtyer1 was saying he was the disabled vet as I remember it.

4. Eric Denny

Eric Denny Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!

Well maybe it will all turn out to be a misunderstanding and if so I would feel a bad for feeling this way but from how it looks it's not good.:(

5. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:

Ok, from my understanding he is a disabled vet. But what happened was that Jesse gave him some gear since he was a vet in need of supplies, and the goods were then put up for sale later. That's what the problem was.

Onto if he's scamming, which I hope he isn't, he'll be banned in no time. I work with wounded vets in my Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing program (both physically and mentally wounded), and have seen what they've had to deal with. If someone tries pulling a vet scam (which has happened numerous times, especially when I've asked for a DD214), they're booted along with their IP. Done and done.

6. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I remember the post where he revealed he was a vet and had PTSD. That post was about a month ago.

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Home Page:
    And, I'm not trying to crucify NewTyer1. I'm giving him benefit of the doubt here and letting you all know he's being watched.

8. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    How old is he, maybe he is now deceased. Or in the hospital, I'm only Lightning the air. At least I hope that's the case. Me being a vet, this would really piss me off.

9. Jerry Daschofsky

Home Page:
    I don't think he's that old. Maybe in his 40's at most. Also, he was online as of Sunday.

10. IHV2FSH

IHV2FSH Active Member

It's never time to get screwed and this behavior shouldn't be tolorated by any of us. Trust is the ENITRE basis for online sales transactions, be it eBay or in membership forums. Without trust, the system collapses. All it takes is a few bad apples.

It's been a month and we all know what the green light and alert badges mean. It's been documented he was last online on the 14th, nearly 30 days after sale agreement reached and days since follow up. I'm assuming no tracking number has been provided? No tracking # is the coupe de grace that it wasn't sent. I've never sent anything to another member without a tracking number, for the benefit of both. If this is an honest mis-communication, so be it. But that's a lot of mis (non) communication for me.

On a positive note, I would like to say I have never (knocking on wood) had an incident of non-payment from any board member. To the contrary, I've had board members send me items we agreed upon then ask if I liked it to send payment or return the item and vise-versa. Never returned and item and never have had one returned.

Mayfly Aviator likes this.
  11. Mayfly Aviator

Mayfly Aviator Active Member

Thanks for the help, everyone. I filed a claim on Paypal, meaning that he has until 4/30 to respond to Paypal or the money will be debited from his account and sent to mine. That's actually pretty handy. Never had to do that before. Nonetheless, beware of deals that seem too good to be true.

The help you've all provided including PMs is what makes this a great board and community.

Thanks,

Sam Dixon

12. greenwater

greenwater Active Member

I'm not trying to either as I would like to think that it's not in folks inherent nature to scam folks, but from this experience, the past issue, and the fact that he's had another board raise money for him while at the same time on the market to buy other equipment elsewhere resulting in being deemed a fraud by some on that board, it all seems pretty sketchy.

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/ope...---please/2,28043,408763.html#forumpost408763

13. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Yes seems pretty ridiculous.

14. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Sam, I'm glad you're getting you money back. Circumstances make it look like the guy is either having a had time with some PTSD and other trauma or he's a fraud. Maybe a little of both?

15. Jerry Daschofsky

Home Page:
    Patrick, a person can't use PTSD as an excuse for lack of honor. I've found one thing about all the soldiers I've dealt with (some with SEVERE PTSD) is that they always stand by their word. A conman is a conman, no matter what uniform he/she wears for that day. But I've seen people self destruct from PTSD over screwing over a countryman. So that excuse doesn't fly with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.