Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Mayfly Aviator, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewTyer1

NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Let me start off by saying, If you have your mind made up about me then you might as well move on to another thread. First off, I am not going to post my DD-214, there is to much personal info. on it so, you can forget that idea. I am 65% Service Connected with the VA and 100% disabled according to Social Security which just doesn't hand benifits out. I will state what happened in these circumstances and let you decide. Over the past 4 years I have been treated at the VA for multiple conditions and before they figured out which medications to give and how much I can honestly say, I wasn't at 100% in touch with reality and I made some mistakes. As far as PHWFF goes, yes I solicited items on two occations but, NEVER and I repeat, NEVER did I ever say I was a representitive of PHW although I did say I was a participant. I was asked nicely to stop, which I did but one day on the Classic fly rod forum I asked to buy a piece of Bamboo culm which got blown out of proportion and next thing I know a representive from PHW wrote that SOMEONE(gee, I wonder who he was talking about?)was trying to obtian bamboo rods under the gize that, that SOMEONE was a representivee of PHW which was as far from the truth as posible. So yes, I did solicite as a participent on a couple of occations but stopped when asked too. As far as the sale on the other forum goes, I sold some old fiberglass rods I had in the basement for $25 but, got band from the site for what they called corporate selling which basically says I am running a business which is so far from the truth it's funny but, I had no way to contact him and never received a letter. He has since contacted me which I thanked him for and his items are going out today. And the story about this reel, I cannot say truthfully one way or the other whether the story is true or not but, I know me, I would not complain about a reel that was given to me and as far as selling that item or any items for that matter, if I need the money for whatever reason and I have items I could sell then they are going, whether they were given to me or not but, believe me, I pay a lot of stuff each month forward, as in free so, this reel thing is not even worth my time. Now on to the Orvis outfit I just purchased. They had a 20% sale going on and because I belong to a Orvis program I get a real good deal on just about anything I buy, no stories, no underhanded stuff, no thievery. So, you can take these words and chew on them for awhile and form your own opinions but, I for one will sleep well tonight knowing that when it is all said and done that this is another one of the unfortunate misunderstandings that the internet breeds.

2. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

You may well qualify to be the first person on my ignore list!
    You've worn out your welcome in my book.

3. wichaka

wichaka Active Member

I think you just said it backwards.

4. rockthief

rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

NewTyer1, stop already! You are a pox on this beautiful sport. THe man you tried to rip off on another forum has had horrible losses in his life. Your story about being a vet and all what else has nothing to do with your personality and your nefarious actions on several flyfishing forums. Many of us are vets and many of us are disabled. YOu are the only one I've ever known who uses that to gain things for himself. Just STOP. I have been treated for "multiple conditions" and I give equipment to people. That included you. You might try honesty starting now. It's a good thing.

Ed Call and Thomas Williams like this.
  5. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Relationships among folks are a lot like math. Can anyone figure out the constant in all these equations? I for one don't think the rest of the world is wrong...

6. underachiever

underachiever !

Exactly, if it was just one person reporting this I could look past it, but I can't suspend rational thought long enough to chalk all these separate instances up to some sort of misunderstanding.

Also, a DD-214 could easily have portions of it blacked out to hide the personal info he's so worried about. Or just send it to Jerry if he's worried about security.

7. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

The guy has money to buy a top of the line US made rod and reel, but has still solicited a charity for free gear. He's received free gear and then turned around and sold it. He's failed to ship gear after he's been paid for it. He refuses to verify his veterans status. If anyone deserves to be black listed from the sport this guys does.

8. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I've seen many DD 214s on the net. All of the guys blacked out the personal info except their name. Which left their service record open for review.

There's too many boards and misc people laying claims for it to be a fluke.

9. rockthief

Only thing matters about him being a vet is that some of the people he scams are vets. Otherwise I don't see the relevance.
    Charming and seductive prevaricators are difficult people to say the least.

10. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

This, in my opinion, should not have been laundered on an open forum. Pity the mods couldn't do it more discretely and then once resolved to finality, posted info the effect of 'beware newtyer1'

i'm not defending his actions in anyway, but it certainly could have been handled a lot better than it was.

I thought this forum was much better than public humiliation on this scale.

I'm done, and i ask that my account be deleted from this forum.

Thanks.

Go Fish likes this.
  11. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

As a 100% disabled Viet Nam Vet this guy makes me want to puke, preferably on him. NewTyer1, your giving all Vets a bad name. Good news is, word of his misdeeds have traveled far and wide on the internet.

As far as your DD214, Burn off a copy, use a Sharpie to black out the SSN and Home Address for PERSEC, then copy it and e-mail that puppy anywhere.

12. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Ooops, double post

13. rockthief

Dishonor needs to be called out. Sometimes discretion is enabling.

14. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I have more respect for Mr. Eagle Elk than any other veteran I have met including my own son. When he voices his opinion on topics like this I listen.

NewTyer1, get the fuck lost before somebody around here decides to hunt your sorry ass down.

tythetier likes this.
  15. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

The original poster made it pretty clear that he attempted to resolve this himself. This is not Ebay or Paypal where there are ways to dispute charges\recourse to get your money back. This is a bunch of good old boys and hippies trading\selling gear and talking about fishing. The mods have no power more than banning someone from these forums, and even if someone is banned they can make a new account. The only power he had to get something accomplished was to go public with it in the hopes that he got the rod\money OR made sure no one else was taken advantage of.

If people dont want to see posts like this ever then get rid of the classifieds, otherwise this is something we are going to have to deal with every so often. But with the 100s of good trasnactions and trades that happen monthly it would be sad to this part of the forum go.

flyfishingeric1 and Bill Aubrey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.