Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Mayfly Aviator, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Blah Blah Blah someone call the whambulance! I dont even have words for all the things that TRUE HONORABLE VETS are thinking right now. Words are cheap anyways. What you need is old fashioned street justice!

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I'd notify all the boards, all the TUs and VA fly clubs. So what if he says he's "working on it". Get him removed from scamming opportunities and then later when he can certify he's got things fixed, then consider whether to let him back. Me, I don't think he'll ever get things in order. Let him be known as a craigslist.scammer.

I would have liked to have met him when I was in the service. His mailing address would have been NavSta Phila.

3. Thomas Williams

Its crazy to see how many people came out of the wood works to share similar stories about getting scammed by him! He will definitely change all his info so its best to share what to look out for on as many forums as possible. Im gonna sign up for a ton just to hopefully save someone else from being dooped.

4. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Veteran or not you are using the status to scam people (other vets), organizations and vendors out of equipment for no other reason but personal gain and your actions could cause vendors to drop their support of these badly needed veteran support organizations (groups). You sir (I used the term very loosely) should be ashamed of yourself!

JS and Bill Aubrey like this.
  5. Thomas Williams

NewTyer1, I forbid you from making eye contact with the 82nd Airborn Patch! And secondly how the heck did you get a bad-ass fly fisherman on your signature!?

6. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

My daughter is very handy with computers and she found the fly fisherman online while I was at work one day and added it to my signature :)

7. IHV2FSH

IHV2FSH Active Member

Wow, I'm nowhere close to this point of view. This is the internet, is it not? If the scam is being committed here, why not handled here? It's not up to the mods to be some kind of investigative branch of WFF, but I think they have gone above and beyond to bring clarity to what's going on for the benefit of of all of us, at least to my satisfaction. Several have called him out on his dealings and I personally can't accept his explanations as being isolated incidences as he discribes them.

I'm going to suggest that this "vet" thing is nothing more than a ruse to cloud the issue. It's not about misrepresentaion of who you are or what you did in the past, it's about misrepresentaion of your intent. He has deliberatly misrepresented his intent, to do with the items that he requested be sent to him and to ship items paid for... it's been documented by others here. I'm no lawyer, but I think you call that fraud.

8. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

LOL:D . Good one!

Roger

9. underachiever

underachiever !

I'd normally agree with this sentiment, but this is obviously beyond one person's poor experience with NewTyer1. I'd hope that this kind of thread doesn't become the norm for people who have a poor transaction experience and I feel reasonably confident that it won't.

10. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    I have been here over ten year's and have never seen anything like this.

11. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

A shit leopard can't change it's spots

12. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for your opinion. It has been added to those opinion of others.

Should you truly feel compelled to go, take care. Your account won't be deleted, that is not the practice of the site owner.

When users have issues, mods expect effort between the two to resolve. If unable, we are asked to intervene. We do so behind the curtains first. When those efforts fail, we think keeping our membership informed is a positive position to take.

As to the alleged scammer, I don't truly give two shits about your DD214 no more than you care about mine. The allegations that you are a scammer, that you are a reseller of goods acquired based on your scamming of other good hearted folks, and that you make excuses based on being a veteran is what I don't like. Best to you scumbag, now go prey on another forum membership. I like the folks we have here and would like you to man up and go away. Clearly you don't see any wrong in what you've done, others do.

13. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

I, for one, think the mods handled this one perfectly. I have never expected, and would never even think of, trying to get a "deal" based on my service to this country. True, I took advantage of the GI Bill to help with grad school costs, and had a VA loan, like most veterans, but to go to someone and ask what I can get for free just is not in the cards. My Dad, a veteran of WWII, would have been ashamed and smacked me in the head. I will also be going to some of the forums to make sure the word is out. I know this one has to have been really bugging guys like Chuck Tye and Jerry who readily give so much of themselves to PHW. Thanks for bringing this forward, Sam.

14. Trapper Badovinac

Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Home Page:
    I will only add this:

Project Healing Waters and the Wounded Warriors Program both do a lot of good for guys that have been through hell and back. Please don't punish those worth while programs or the very deserving Vets who in no way are pulling any sort of scams on people.

Trapper

15. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Public dishonesty, openly taking advantage of others on a public forum REQUIRES publicly calling out that individual, and there is nothing wrong with a public shaming, he deserves it.
    jesse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.