Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sage Method

10K views 86 replies 49 participants last post by  apistomaster 
#1 ·
June 13, 2013 (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) – This summer, fly fishing industry leader, Sage Manufacturing announces the release of its 2014 premier collection of high performance rods called the METHOD series. These ultra-fast fly rods use Sage’s proprietary Konnetic technology. The METHOD delivers high line speeds and tight loops for extreme distance and wind-cutting casts all while maintaining critical accuracy and feel.

“Being able to offer fly rods that perform to the expectations of the most demanding anglers in any casting situation is the main reason behind designing the METHOD. Sage’s DNA is synonymous with fast-action rods, and through Konnetic technology, we’ve taken seriously smooth, ultra-fast action performance to a new place entirely,” comments Sage Chief Rod Designer, Jerry Siem. “Our newest high performance rods will make any caster better but will help experienced casters notch exceptional casts with regularity.”

The magma red colored shaft of the METHOD is complemented by rust colored primary thread wraps and pewter trim wraps. Fuji ceramic stripping guides and robust guide sets round out the features of this high-end rod series. The rods come in a black rod sock with a red silk-screen and are protected in a fusion red powder-coated rod tube with a silver colored medallion and gloss black end caps.

“Overall, the fast action ONE rod is still and will continue to be our flagship series for a wider range of anglers,” notes Sage Marketing Manager, Eric Gewiss. “The METHOD series makes it possible to take casting abilities to whole new level. It performs quickly and accurately close-in, but if anglers are looking for an ultra-fast action rod that is lightweight, exceptionally smooth yet has the extra punch for farther casts and windy conditions, this rod is for you.”

Twelve single-hand models will be available in 4-6 weights for freshwater with a cocobolo wood insert and black reel seat components paired with a snub-nose, half-wells grip. The saltwater capable 6-11 weights feature a black aluminum reel seat and a full wells handle and fighting butt. Nine Spey and switch models feature a high-grade cork fore and rear grip. The METHOD rods will range in price from $800-$1,050 and will be available August 1, 2013. Blanks will also be available for each model.

About Konnetic™ Technology:

Konnetic technology, the most recent and significant evolution in fly rod innovation, uses new materials combined with pioneering manufacturing methods and processes. This technology incorporates an optimized ratio of Sage’s proprietary resin to exclusive high modulus aerospace-grade carbon fiber.

The latest construction methods include Sage’s Advanced Modulus Positioning System (AMPS); a process that precisely aligns and positions carbon fiber materials to exacting tolerances for the greatest blank strength delivering extremely efficient energy transfer throughout the shaft. Using Sage’s High Compression Molding process, carbon fibers are compacted for optimum density and precise alignment while simultaneously fusing the 50% lighter all-carbon fiber inner core.

See less See more
G
#69 ·
I will be wearing a flat brimmed hat, buff, sling pack with my Abel hemostats and nippers hanging from my neck while fishing my Sage Method, Sage Circa and Sage One! This is by no means a joke either ask anyone I fish with!

#81 ·
I personally love all the new stuff and it is what makes this country great namely Innovation. Is some of it marketing hype? Absolutely but nobody is forcing you to spend $800 on a new rod. The beauty is that as more high-end rods are developed there are more and much better low and mid range rods so everybody wins. These new rods are so much lighter than just a few years ago that i firmly believe progress is happening albeit as smaller increments than the days of the RPL, GLX and BIIX that were all game-changers in my opinion!

#84 ·
I hear this rod will perform best when paired with a Ross Rhythm reel. The combo will be known as the Rhythm Method.

#87 ·
One of my fav "go to" rods of all was a 9', 7wt Sage RP I built circa 1982.
It could drive big flies against strong winds accurately.
That has been a more important quality to me than distance.
I think 90% of trout are caught within 40ft. Therefore distance has never been important to me.
Always seemed to me like after that "A River Runs Through It" movie came out that the fly waters became over run by big spending dillatentes who kept their flies in the air more than in/on the water.
I still fish my 9-1/2 Sage RPL 7 wt a lot.
Last Sage I bought was a VT2, 9', 5 wt which is a sweet rod.
I could have afforded a more expensive model but realistically I knew it would not have materially improved my fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.