NFR Seahawks game

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by generic, Dec 2, 2013.

1. generic

generic Active Member

No reason to be, since you won't get past the Patriots. :p

2. ambassadeur10000

ambassadeur10000 Member

Peyton won't even lead his team out of the division.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  3. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

Denver never lost to the patriots in the play offs

4. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

the air aint the only thing light in denver.

denver has the easiest schedule in the nfl

seattle has the 10th hardest schedule

who has a better record?

Irafly and Kent Lufkin like this.
  5. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Home Page:
    I don't think that's historically accurate. However, even if it is accurate, please don't rain on the parade. :D

6. Porter

Porter Active Member

Seattle is playing great, but....it's not who you play but when you play them. SF is getting stronger with players returning. Carolina is better, so is Seattle, but 4-5 weeks from now who will be the best....time will tell! It's the sucker team that scares me, a team with no chance that comes in here and beats Seattle. Notice how they play close to so-so teams but blow out the good teams. Watch out for a GB team with a bad record but a healthy Rodgers....just one hot afternoon and he can lead GB to victory over any team any where. A tight game with a wild card team it only takes one mistake to lose the game....muffed punt? a fumble? Another team to keep eye out for is Arizona....kinda scary especially when carson palmer is not color blind. Going to be fun! When your team doing well it makes you stay interested in all the other games going on.

Irafly likes this.
  7. generic

generic Active Member

No, but they have Peyton's #. If you listen, you can still hear the chant, "Who's your daddy...."

8. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Home Page:
    I believe the "O" line played very well last night. It appeared to me that New Orleans' game plane was prevent Marshawn Lynch and the running game from beating them, and they succeeded in that regard. Play after play, they were able to stop Lynch. However, Seattle proved last night that focusing on Lynch can be a problem. Wilson (thanks to the "O" line etc.) were able to use the emphasis on Lynch against them in an impressive fashion. IMO

Kent Lufkin and Olive bugger like this.
  9. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Wilson wins the MVP (IMHO) if he takes them at least to the division championship.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  10. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

That's funny I'm just missing with you guys

11. Porter

Porter Active Member

Hmm... dont think he can overcome the numbers peyton is putting up. Worthy yes, but he is credited with coming in to a good team with a good D and good running game and basically the perfect situation for any average QB to do well....everyone else has had to make their team better :confused: ...at least this is the nfl media's consensus :rolleyes: I think Dilfer was saying he thought Seahwaks were a play-off team if even TJ was qb'ing. Total BS IMHO....Wilson is an exceptional stud!

12. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Kinda sounds like Denver, before Manning stepped in.

No way he overcomes Mannings numbers. But it's hard to argue any one player is more valuable to their team than Wilson. Do you really think any average qb wins in Houston? You think any average qb gets that win in St . Louis when his entire offensive line was gone and the Rams d line was running free all night? I'm not saying he's the best thing to walk the face of the earth but I see this argument about what a great team Wilson has and how that is what makes him good.

Plenty of great teams have won championships with average qb play. Few great qbs, however, have won championships with average teams.

Porter likes this.
  13. Porter

Porter Active Member

Hard to argue that Manning's presence is not MVPish. Look what happened to Indy when they didn't have him. Went from 13-3 to what? 2-14? Remove Manning from Denver they are what...6-10 at best. With TJ the Seahawks are still a play-off team according to many nfl insiders (who have a hard time swallowing the fact pill that they were wrong about Russell). We will never know Wilson's team presence value unlike that of Manning's but the assumption still remains as so.

14. underachiever

underachiever !

I love Wilson has seatle's qb, however unless manning's arm falls off Wilson won't win the MVP. Even if manning's arm does fall arm Wilson probably won't win it.

15. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

If you want to enphasize the 'value' in MVP, then at just $750k a year Wilson is probably the best value any NFL franchise owner could ever hope for. He fills the seats and gooses the TV ratings for a fraction of what any QB 4 inches taller makes in the league.

K

Josh, Old Man and Porter like this.