NFR Seahawks vs 49er's

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by freestoneangler, Sep 14, 2013.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2013.
  1. Seahawks

80.0%
  2. 49er's

20.0%
  1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Did any of you watch the Denver game. Denver 132 yards in penlites. And they still stuck it to the Giants.

Jslo likes this.
  2. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Halftime. What an offensive juggernaut the SeaLice are-one touchdown in 6 quarters of play! And they closed out the half with 3 timeouts left, didn't even try to get in field goal position. Have these guys ever seen Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler or Drew Brees close out a half?

They played that 2 minute drill like they had an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter and knew there was pizza waiting in the clubhouse. I had to check to be sure they weren't wearing Mariners uniforms. pathetic.

Ive

3. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Football was designed for the tough weather. They play it in the autumn and winter.

Skysoldier likes this.
  4. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    My question is why Paul Allen thinks he owns the stadium?? Hell, the city of Seattle still "owes" the state government for all the lottery revenues transferred from education funding to funding of the stadiums. Why isn't there any discussion of paying back that debt?

But back to Paul Allen and "his ownership of the stadium".......here is the quote from the Seahawks website. He sure thinks he owns it!! Wasn't he the one that did NOT want U of W playing in HIS stadium?

Along with the purchase came the vision of a new multi-functional stadium and exhibition hall. On June 30, 1997, the purchase was completed, keeping the Seahawks in the great Northwest.
    “From the beginning of this process, my goals have been to work with the community to create a lasting asset for our future, and to ensure the long-term success of the Seahawks,” said Allen when he purchased the franchise. “Moving forward, our goals are to build a playoff caliber team and to create a world-class facility for the state of Washington.”
    Both goals have been realized. In 2002, the vision of Seahawks Stadium and Exhibition Center, renamed CenturyLink Field & CenturyLink Field Event Center in 2011, became reality. An open-air facility which many argue is the best venue in the National Football League, CenturyLink Field is home to over 300 events annually, including Major League Soccer, Supercross, concerts, graduation ceremonies, and trade shows.
    “It exceeds the vision we had originally,” Allen said shortly after the stadium opened. “We had a goal to create a really intimate stadium with elegant architecture that would be great for the fans. I think we’ve ended up with a fantastic facility.”

5. generic

generic Active Member

Yep! The next year's Super Bowl (I think 2014) is played in New York at Met Life Stadium (no roof). I hope it's 3 degrees and snowing.

Skysoldier likes this.
  6. generic

generic Active Member

Vlad my friend... this state doesn't know how to function, unless we're running in the red (in debt). I think their heads would blow up if we ever had a surplus. They'd probably wonder what they did wrong.

7. Josh

Josh dead in the water

This has turned out to be a great (if weird) game.

Go hawks!

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  8. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

This game has been like two heavyweights with one of them just landing jabs all day long, eventually just wearing them out.

Just as Ira predicted, I should add

9. Olive bugger

Soooo glad I was wrong.

10. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

They looked like a real team in the 2nd half. It didn't hurt that Kaepernick gave his best Mark Sanchez imitation either.

Skysoldier, Josh and Jslo like this.
  11. Jslo

Jslo @troutset

Hawks look great! I'm from Colorado, so Broncos loyalties. But the Seahawks D looks super fast. Pete Carroll has them playing great football. Congrats! Very fun game to watch.

12. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

I was afraid that shitty punt block call was going to be the scope of the game. Glad it turned out great. I do not know how I am going to go to sleep now. Stupid monday jobs

13. Olive bugger

And blowing sideways.

14. Paul Huston

Paul Huston Swinger

15. Olive bugger

HAHAHAHAHA

I can't believe I watched that whole thing............

Coffee has not kicked in yet.