NFR Shippping and Handling

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Paul Voelker, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Paul Voelker

Paul Voelker Member

Thanks guys for your answers and perspective. We've gone back and forth a bit and have come to the conclusion that PayPal will have to decide. I'm willing to take a partial hit and next time I will insure which makes it tougher for the buyer but that way it's for sure. Thanks Derek for the offer, I have a couple others at my disposal. Luke, I sold a Z-Axis 486-4 for $300 which I thought was a good deal but free is an even better deal.

2. generic

generic Active Member

#@$%!!!

Watch Craigs list, and Ebay for your missing rod...... I'm NOT kidding.

3. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

"Tis the Season when thieves prowl the suburbs for packages left on doorsteps. A recent tv news feature showed a parasite dashing into a front yard, grabbing the package and scuttling back to his idling vehicle in a few seconds.

4. rustybee

rustybee Active Member

What he said. Might cost a couple of $ more, but worth the peace of mind.

5. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Sorry to hear about the rod and money, that's the shit's. Hope the guy does something or FedEx.
    Bob

6. Derek Day

Derek Day Rockyday

I think that once the package is delivered--you've held up your end of the bargain. He agreed to pay for the rod, you agreed to ship it to him, unless he had objected to the terms of delivery, it's his fault that he didn't insist on a more secure form of delivery. Never did you promise that thieving shit-bags would not steal it off his porch. What happens if he was home, and watched the person steal it off the porch, would that still be your fault? By disputing the paypal payment, he is arguing that it is your fault. What if two weeks later, it gets stolen, is that still your fault? If the delivery service confirms that it was delivered, I think you're in the right on this one.

He could easily claim it through his home owner's insurance, and not screw you. Take him to small claims court.

KerryS likes this.
  7. generic

generic Active Member

That's what we dislike about PayPal. They side with the customer, unless a signature has been taken.

I'm (we) are with you though. If the delivery service will vouch for delivery, there has to be someway of notifying PayPal. Maybe if a written statement can be made from them (or something they sign) saying they did deliver...

8. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Fuck paypal. This is why I refuse to do anything with them.

KerryS likes this.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    If I get home before 11pm tonight I'll give you all the insights. Too much to type on my phone.

10. Fishee

Fishee Active Member

Especially this time of year during the busy holidays. As a seller, i alway buy insurance and signature is requried. This is your best protection as a seller. I know it cost more, and you're trying to get the most out of it. But in the end, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble.

11. Paul Voelker

Paul Voelker Member

I guess PayPal has a policy where if an item is more than $250 they recommend the seller insure the package and I did not do that. PayPal is also holding the money until they make their decision on who was at fault. I did talk to FedEx to see if there is something they could do and the lady said that since a signature was not required that it would end up in a denial letter sent out. I know that it's not his fault for the rod being stolen and I now know to require a signature on stuff like this. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and I hope he doesn't either, it's only a stupid fly rod.

12. Grayone

Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

"i learnt the hard way, always pay for insurance, and mandatory signature "

Agreed, this is the only way to do it. Sorry for your lose of goods.

13. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I was burned once by paypuke and spammed by them for months. I refuse to use them ever again. If that means not being able to purchase items or sell items from\to someone that wants to use paypuke so be it.

PAYPUKE SUCKS

14. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

If there policy is that they "recommend" the package is insured that means abslutely nothing. Haveing something "required" is another thing. Also common sense would tell you that insurance only covers the package from point A to point B. The problem occured after point B. You need to cover your own ass, and I would not just lay over so easily. Honestly if paypal goes the wrong way on this I would consult an attorney if it was me and ask if I have a case. Worst they can tell you is no.

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    The theft happened at his house. Not your problem.

Jerry Daschofsky and generic like this.