Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

This forum is depressing

15K views 274 replies 90 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
I'm logging off, it's been fun listening to everyone complain over the last 10 months, but I will spend my free time fishing from now on. See you on the water:)

#5 ·
Adios. Not sure what you where expecting, or contributed. You get out of a site what you put into it. I never read s--- that doesn't seem to be of interest.

If you spend time on this site, and seek to meet up with some good people, it can take time. It really depends on the effort you put into it.

Good luck on your alternative. And, what Rory said. You could have drifted away and I certainly wouldn't have noticed.

Tight lines wherever you end up.

Mb

#7 ·
You're right there has been a lot of complaining on the form. I'm probably one of the worst though my beef is simply with two things buffs and overpriced flyfishing gear. I like to think of this not complain but more of a way to bullshit with other fly fishermen when I'm at work or can't get out onto the water.
On the positive side I've gotten some of the best fishing tips off from this form. Information on where to fish when to fish where to park information about shuttles and safety. Hell some of the members have even gone as far as to take me fishing at their their local honey holes, i've even taken some of the members out on my boat yourself included.

I like to think of the form as a positive resource. I truly believe you get out of it what you put into it

Hope this helps
See you on the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 · (Edited)
It took the OP 10 months to figure out he needed to spend his time fishing instead of lurking around a forum full of garrulous old farts (with a few young farts taking an apprentice course in old fart bitching)?

If there's one thing I can't stand it's a pleasant and upbeat old fart. It ain't natural, and usually indicates the onset of dementia. :)

#23 ·
It took the OP 10 months to figure out he needed to spend his time fishing instead of lurking around a forum full of garrulous old farts (with a few young farts taking an apprentice course in old fart bitching)?
I'm 47 years old. Does that make me an old fart, young, or in between? I feel like the Jan Brady of WFF sometimes.

#20 ·
This is starting to remind me of the infamous steelhead handling video thread that got us vlogged about. If I recall correctly, Freestone threatened to shoot the guy, Old Man warned him about mis-handling wild steelhead on Montana's backroads, and Dustinchromers made some sort of outdated "icanhascheezburger" steelhead meme.

I hope this post gets vlogged about somewhere.

#22 ·
This is starting to remind me of the infamous steelhead handling video thread that got us vlogged about. If I recall correctly, Freestone threatened to shoot the guy, Old Man warned him about mis-handling wild steelhead on Montana's backroads, and Dustinchromers made some sort of outdated "icanhascheezburger" steelhead meme.

I hope this post gets vlogged about somewhere.
Therron King, amateur filmmaker and fly fisherman.

That guy was the best. Wish he would've stuck around.

I'm thinking I should make a video and call out all my haters. Too bad there aren't any left. :cool:

#27 ·
I'm logging off, it's been fun listening to everyone complain over the last 10 months, but I will spend my free time fishing from now on. I won't really miss anyone except for Swimmy. He seems like such a cool dude and I love what he brings to this board. I have a ton of respect for that guy. See you on the water:)
Wow. Thanks man. I'm really going to miss you too.

#32 ·
...I think the great orator Frank Costanza said it best, "I've got a lot of problems with you people, and now you are going to hear about it"
Good comparison. In fact, I'd say WFF is a lot like Seinfeld: Self-absorbed neurotics talking about nothing, yet in the end it's a funny place if you're a little weird.

#30 ·
Now just 16. I'd post more but I need to send my bank account number to some friendly folks in Nigeria to cover admin expenses of transferring the 6-million dollars I have coming, then join Match dot com & have women falling all over me, apply for my psychology degree on-line, and get a killer deal on AT&T phones and tires. I love the internet - what a great & friendly place!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.