Treaty Fishing on the Stillaguamish

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jason Griffith, Sep 27, 2012.

1. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Hopefully ALL of Deer creek waterfront will be no tresspassing. The whole creek has been closed to fishing for a long time, and the bikini/tube hatch that Arlington experiences has no business migrating east on the 530 to more secluded haunts
    The lower creek is already pretty well molested

2. jwg

jwg Active Member

Just when I was thinking that this thread had elevated the level of discourse on this forum!

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Thanks to those who maintained such an informative thread for the length of time they did.

Jay

3. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

I dunno, running water and sewage, electricity, the atom bomb, the internal combustion motor, walking upright... WTF have you done? NOTHING! That's right, you have contributed nothing to anyting in your life. When you die, there will be nothing on your toombstone worthwhile other than that you sucked in some oxygen for a few decades.. The only thing you have going for you is that there might be a few posts on the internent left in cache that verify that you are nothing but bullshit. I was hoping that the stilliguamish tribe actually had the balls to stand up and work with the rest of the sport angling community to acomplish something. Weak minded bitches like yourself apparently feed off of that and get their internet boner off by people who actually do something. I'm looking for someone to actually have the balls to step up, get their hands dirty and do something to solve real problems. GFY

4. underachiever

underachiever !

Is this some kind of internal monologue you're posting for us all to see?

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

If you guys are gonna make wild passionate zugzug, do it behind closed doors. We don't need to see that shit. Keep it on point and make a point, or point your web browser to some light reading where you can keep yourself composed.

bennysbuddy likes this.
  6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

..........................wow.

Steffan Brown likes this.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    bennysbuddy and Patrick Gould like this.
  8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Got any links to forums for anger managment issues ??

9. Jason Griffith

Jason Griffith Active Member

Hold on a second....send me a an email (jgriffith@stillaguamish.com) and we can put you to work planting trees. We use inmates on a daily basis, I think you'd get along well with them. ;)

Seriously though, drop me a line and we can set something up for you to get your hands dirty.

The land on the NF we are purchasing will be open to the public as long as they call ahead and get permission to walk in. You are welcome to walk down thru the property if you are already in the channel. It is upstream of Hazel, on the left bank, and was purchased mostly with federal and state grants (some tribal money as well). The Stillaguamish Tribe will be on the deed. We are in the midst of purchasing 83 acres near Leque that will be 100% with tribal money (though the restoration will likely take place with federal and state money). Not really sure why this is BS, but hey.

Curt- Thanks for the history and the kind words, I'm glad we haven't totally lost you to the water! We still talk about your contributions to our local knowledge, this morning in fact at a meeting with WDFW and Tulalip.

10. Jason Griffith

Send me an email and we can get the conversation started. We work with lots of private landowners and encourage folks like yourself to take the initiative. We can provide technical advice on design and permitting and may be able to help with funding as well.

11. Be Jofus G

That post that you quoted was not meant for you. I should have sent it in a pm to the "individual". Aplologies to the rest of you.

Jason you may or may not be aware of this, but you are not the first PR rep to hit this forum over the years so excuse me if I came across as less than optimistic. 100% of the time it historically has ended in useless talk, banter, and bullshit. That is the bullshit I was referring to. I realize I need to work on my delivery, so I will be sure to strap on my "Politically Correct Seattleginaese language filter" before speaking going forward to avoid further confusion.

Any way, That's awesome that you got the state and feds to kick in and you're keeping access public. Congrats. And I will contact you once I get those properties lined up.

Mumbles, did you really just bust out an obscure "caveman" refernce?

Jamie Wilson likes this.
  12. Jason Griffith

I know, but the above quote was directed at me and the Tribe, and I take exception when you disparage the folks I work for. Contrary to what you stated above, they are dedicated and are working hard each and every day to make the Stilly a better place for salmon. They also have created a work environment with a minimum of red tape where we can really get a lot done on a limited budget. Why don't you attend some of our watershed meetings and see what the stakeholders have been up to, I suspect you would be surprised. Just because you are ignorant of what is going on, doesn't mean we aren't working hard to correct the habitat. Unfortunately, we are always playing catch up with development pressures, but things would be that much worse without our continued efforts.

http://www.stillaguamishwatershed.org/

Be Jofus G and Freestone like this.
  13. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Seattleginaese
    Spellcheck asked if I wanted to add
    I said yes
    Hello kitty!
    This goes

14. Be Jofus G

That is what I was referring to as BS lip service It's the same thing that has been repeated over and over by every PR rep from every tribe and WDFW that has been here. Maybe you guys don't deserve to be lumped in with the rest of the guys tangled in red tape. Believe me I really hope you don't. But sorry your advise acomplishes nothing. If you need land, ask for people with contacts that can get it funded. If you need labor, ask for it. If you need State or DC lobbyist contacts, ask for them. Private individuals contacting public officials to get something done is about as usefull as <PC language filter engaged> .....

15. Jason Griffith

Well, duh. We need land first and money/equip. second, or just money which we can use for all of the above. If you know of folks that would like to donate, send them our way (donations to the Tribe are tax deductible). You'd be surprised at how often the electeds tell us that they don't hear from their constituents that salmon is a big issue for them, or flat out say that they are tired of spending money to help fish. When salmon compete for funding with schools, our military, and the elderly it isn't hard to predict who will win.

Patrick Gould likes this.