We are losing a WFF member!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Drifter, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Prayers to him and his family. I shall raise a glass to Bob tonight.
    My hat is off to you, Mark. Kudos!

2. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

RIP Bob
    "May you be in heaven for three days before the devil knows your die"
    I'm sorry I did not get to meet Bob. We were going to fish together someday.
    Thank you, Mark for being Bob's friend.
    I'm feeling kinda misty right now.

3. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Bob finally passed a bit over an hour ago; he was at Peace. I posted the link here on his Facebook page; the families reaction to the Eulogies was very profound.
    Fred

4. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Mark, Fred and all of Bob's friends and family, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Mark, thank you for taking in Bob and being a real friend in his time of need. We never met but had communicated about a group trip his health ended up preventing him from attending and it is my loss for not having the honor of meeting him.

I went out at midnight last night, looked at the moon. said a few words and raised a glass to Bob. Fish in peace, Bob!

5. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Quite a bummer. A glass to you, Bob. To all of you really.

Though its difficult sometimes in the middle of the hectic lives that most of us have, it is important to remember that nobody is guaranteed anything in this life. You may have 50 more years or 50 minutes. Spend time with those you love, make sure they know how important they are, and waste as little of life as possible on the petty shit that does nothing but drag you down. And spend as much of life as possible doing the things that feed your soul, or whatever you choose to call that part of you. There are fish to be caught, beers to be drank, food to be savored, and with any luck, something like 18,000 more sunrises.

Now, if only I could remember how to take my own advice....

RIP Bob.

6. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

RIP Bob.

I met Bob only one time. It was at O'Rad's food and brew bash a couple winters ago. I've never met a nicer or friendlier guy. He was incredibly upbeat despite his physical and other misfortunes.

And good on you, Mark, for offering Bob a place to stay when he urgently needed it.

Tonight I'll raise a glass twice, once to each of you.

Sg

flybill likes this.
  7. steelydan

steelydan Newb seeking wisdom

Mark,
    Congratulations to you and Bob...As already mentioned, how many of us are so self-absorbed as to not take the time or energy to make a relationship that isn't convenient?
    I am truly happy for you, Bob, and others who had the took the chance to form a friendship with him and have the memories...
    We should all be so lucky as Bob to be eulogized in such a manner.
    Congrats, Bob....Well played.

Steffan Brown likes this.
  8. G-spot4u

G-spot4u Active Member

censored

9. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Very kind words indeed.

Lets name one of Bob's fishin haunts after him. A run in a river perhaps, where ever that may be. Lets get a plaque put up in his honor. sounds like he definately earned it.

Lets make it happen forum,

in.

Bill Aubrey and flybill like this.
  10. LD

LD Active Member

I do remember the post looking for a room. This is a great story. It was great of you to offer the room, but it went way beyond that. I am sure that you got plenty out of the relationship as well. Thanks for sharing and our thoughts will be with Bob and his family.

11. Doug Jones

Doug Jones Son of a Bob

Greetings to you all. I knew my dad was active on this forum so I joined to see about getting in touch. I and my family are deeply moved by Mark's humorous and fitting tribute to our father and by all of the comments by those of you who knew him. While we are mourning our loss, we are also remembering Dad's warm and friendly spirit, which he eagerly shared with all of those he met, even for a moment. Although I am not active on Facebook, my wife tells me that the comments on his page there are also heartfelt and touching.

My siblings and I, and Mark, too, feel fortunate to have had the wonderful time we shared with him when Dad returned to Oregon. Be aware, though, that he never stopped talking of his great friends and the great waters of Washington.

I hope to meet many of you on a river (or in a pub!) someday and share a smile, a story, or a glass.

We are planning to request that any donations folks may want to make in Bob's memory go to Healing Waters, which was a project he was very proud to be a part of. Any advice on how to best direct people there is appreciated.

Tight lines, Dad. And to you all!

Doug Jones
    Portland, OR

Attached Files:

12. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    Doug, I'll do that. You and anyone else in your family have a seat in my boat anytime.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Fred , thank you for the update. Doug, thanks for sharing your father with me on occasion. I'll echo Jason. When we meet, I'll have a boat seat open for you.

14. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    This made me think of the time I got to spend with Bob.

Bill Aubrey and Steve Call like this.
  15. William Fifield

William Fifield Santiago, no fish in 84 days.

Didn't know Bob, but I love your tribute to him. Very moving story. Sounds like he helped you as much as you helped him. Can't even buy lessons like that. Thanks for sharing this and making my life a little richer through your story.