We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Can I reserve a seat? I'll bring a quiver of speys.. wouldn't mind floating an easy stretch in a pontoon though...

On the food, it's too far to think about but YES I'm in and don't mind chipping something in, but really want to fish first.. eat later...

2. Islander

Islander Steve

I'm down with the food thing. Be happy to chip in. I can bring a bunch of firewood also. I'll bring the pontoon but wouldn't mind going down the river in a drift boat once or twice. I'll most likely be there all week.

3. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I'm there to mostly meet some people and put faces to names. I'll be doing a float on saturday and sunday. If I can get my driftboat done, I'll have front and rear seats (only has access to two up front right now, none in the back). If I can get it done, will be able to take two flyfishing.

But just getting an idea on food. I like to prep first, that way I know what I need and when time comes I just go and get it. Hate figuring out menus at the last minute.

4. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Thanks for the seat Jerry, I'll take it. I will chip in on the food as well. Also, if you need a prep-cook, I can do that too. Spent many early years in the back of a restaurant. Rib eyes, heel yes I'm in for all of it.
    Potentially bad news is that (as many of you know) the misses and I are expecting our first child (due Friday). However, she's (baby Olivia) not ready yet. She hasn't even dropped! Anyway, if she comes really late, then I won't be able to make it. :(
    But don't give my seat away too quickly! :thumb:

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

With Jerry talking about all that food it is making my mouth water. We'll see about coming that far. Don't really need a partner as I like to travel alone. I know I shouldn't at my age but I've always been this way. This way I can stop when ever I want to and not have somebody ragging in my ear.

We'll see.

Jim

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Jerry, I'm planning on bringing my pontoon so that I can travel with the boat/toon hatch. Did a scouting trip yesterday with my friend out of his DB. I posted that in another thread, but it was thin in spots. We touched a few boulders, he actually a couple more than I did, but I was on the oars for a couple really shallow areas that caused some hull rub/noise. The river is low, but I thought where it was flowing and where there were deep holes that the water looked good. We drifted from Oxbow all the way down to G&L Shake which seemed to be a pretty long drift from what I've done before and there was a lot of slack water that required forward rowing through because it was just not doing much at all. I'm sure that fishdontcare might be interested in a seat too, he is flying in from CA and riding up with me for the last weekend. We'd both be intersted in camp cook options too and can even pick up some stuff en route if needed. I think doing group feeding may be a cool way to socialize and hear about all the fish not caught.

7. Ed Call

Buck, congrats on the impending arrival of Olivia, great name for first daughters, just ask a few members on the forum who have an Olivia of their own.

8. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

You old pussy! Yer back on the scared list.

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I think that I wrote that just to get a chuckle out of you. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

How's that for a raspberry.

Jim

Edit: This is the second time that I'm coming that way. But I don't ever see anybody coming this way to fish. Turn about is only fair. If I'm will to spend all my hard cash to fish with you assholes, somebody ought to spend their hard cash to come this way. And the fishing is way better here than in Washington. At least you can catch fish here. And some of them can get to pretty good size.

10. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

11. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

I'll consider coming out that way Jim, got camping suggestions? maybe July?
    course I'd be bringing my wife, and she's meaner than a PMSing wolverine...so you'll get along just fine!
    Bob

I had to shift my days on the Hoh to 21-24 Mar for work reasons, but I'm still down.

12. Tyler Speir

Tyler Speir Artist

Home Page:
    I can make it on monday and tuesday the 23rd and 24th. I dont know if people will be around during the week. Ill go if im not the only one there on monday and tuesday. Will I be alone?

13. Ed Call

I'm still up for arriving late Thursday the 26th after picking up fishdontcare from his Cali flight. I hope to arrive before dark but that is pretty unlikely. We'll stomp around, make lots of noise, get the neighbors all riled up, eat their food and probably go to sleep. Staying through Sunday because I have to work Monday...unless I can strike a deal.

14. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

I would really like to join in on this adventure, although my steelhead fly fishing experience is precisely NIL at this point. (I have gear fished for steelhead for the better part of my life). I have access to a pontoon if that's a suggested method of traversing the river. Been years since I've fished the Hoh, so I'm not real certain about wading access.

Anyhow, I'm not sure which weekend works best for me just yet... I'm thinking the first weekend. I would be happy to chip in for food and/or bring stuff as requested.

Nick

15. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

A boat is always nice, but there's plenty of wade access, particularily on the Hoh. I don't know exactly what days I'm going to be out there, but may consider the whole week if I'm not working. Definitely try to make it if you can!

This event is usually BYOE (everything), and just add to the mix for dinners and drinks. Of course if Jerry is out there, then there may be a camp cook and yes, his menu is making me hungry!