We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

I had a thought today about the Hoh down. I was thinking about how much beer I should bring, and then I thought why not a keg? Seems like a logical thought progression, so I contacted Red Hook and I think I will have to bring a keg of their finest ESB or Copper Hook. Of course I will be bringing the classic red solo cups for y'all. :beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:

2. Islander

Islander Steve

I'm sure Matt is going to be there all week, I should be rolling in sometime Monday, depends on the ferry schedule.

3. Islander

Islander Steve

Kegs are good......kegs of ESB, even better:beer2:

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

No reason that I can think of NOT to like Matt Smith! Alas, keg likely will be empty by the time I arrive. If not I'll gladly hoist a red solo cup.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Have no fear, I will be there from thursday thru sunday of the last weekend. The only thing that will keep me away is a snow storm in all the passes I have to drive thru. I believe I have a total of five to go thru.

See all you asses in the end of March.

Jim

6. Ed Call

No matter how much I end up liking OMJ, he is not seeing my ass.

7. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Mumbles, You know your giving that up like a good girl has to. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

I was able to do a little negotiating and will be adjusting my days a little. I should be arriving Wed and staying through Sunday. So Mumbles don't worry, there should still be beer in the keg for you when you roll in. I will have a cup waiting for you. :beer2:

9. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

just wondering what percentage of you would actually pickup a hitchhiker with a flyrod on the side of lake cresent

10. Islander

Islander Steve

Only if they had beer. Do you need a ride. I will be going that way on Monday.

11. Ed Call

My pontoon would be atop my SUV, there is a free seat up there. This seems to be a cool group, I'm sure some arrangements could be made. I'm already picking up one other passenger so room might be tight in my humble rig, but there are 15 pages of chatter by those who claim they are headed that way.

12. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Depends on what my schedule looks like, I may be able to take someone if they need a ride. I have an extendicab, so could take a couple. Just need room, so won't be able to sit anyone behind me though. But could take one, maybe two. I'll either be leaving Friday or Saturday. Hopefully Friday early if I can get the day off.

13. Ed Call

You should hijack a big brown vehicle...lots of space!

14. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    With the state of the economy, I don't know if I'd want to be on the unemployment line with the years of service I have in now. But this is my rig.

[​IMG]

The bonus is, my trailer will hold alot of gear. Torn down pontoon boats, cooking gear, camping gear, etc. Then my truck has shelves, and can sleep on them. Could sleep 8 people in there. Plus more storage. Hmmmmmmmm, could be an option. LOL

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'll bring this setup instead (except I'll probably have my alaskan on instead of the security camper in the pic).

[​IMG]

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I ain't coming that way I usually end up driving around and end up going thru Aberdeen. The road is much straighter down there.. But if I see somebody with a fly rod down in that area on thursday I'll pick him up.

I hope you will all do a sun dance because last year the weather sucked big time. Nothing but rain and snow. And I have now lost my web feet after moving to Montana, where it never seems to rain.

Jim