Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Weather.

4K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Whats the weather like there. I just looked at Weather.com and it looked like you were all catching lots of rain there.

#4 ·
Raining in Corvallis... supposed to rain off and on through the weekend. Which would be okay if it was snowing in the Cascades but the freezing level is somewhere around 7K feet when it should be around 4500 to 5K to increase the snow pack. We may be in for a very dry summer.

#6 ·
Monday the 24th. I just finished plowing for the 3rd time in the past few days. Now it is snowing again! Winter came late this year and arrived in a bad mood. No nighttime temps above freezing are predicted for at least 10 days. Unless March is as good as February has been bad, spring fishing is going to be tough sledding early on.

Ive

#10 ·
I was going to buy a skiing pass for Alpental this year, but didn't because it didn't open until mid-January. My thought process was "Fine. This just means less runoff and more stream fishing." Now we're already heading into an above average snowpack year with no indication that it'll slow down. So not only am I not skiing this year, but the streams probably won't be fishable til July.

#11 ·
This is my first year not buying a season pass for Crystal.My goal was to fish more this winter and not ride all season long on the slopes. I was doing just fine with the lower water and excellent fishing. I wasnt missing the low snow conditions or the season pass price. I rode last week in 4ft of pretty dry powder. I wanted to stay the night.

I was looking forward to March/April on the Yakima with overnighters and big bruisers.

If the snow keeps coming, i will buy a preseason pass for 2015 and get to ride the end of this season, waiting for the rivers to drop in July.

#13 ·
I guess I should of said Washington on the wet side. When I looked at the weather Radar page it looked like it was pouring there.

All the snow I get is powder. No moister in it at all. The sun comes out and it evaporates. It don't go into the ground because the ground is still frozen.

G
#15 ·
I guess I should of said Washington on the wet side. When I looked at the weather Radar page it looked like it was pouring there.

All the snow I get is powder. No moister in it at all. The sun comes out and it evaporates. It don't go into the ground because the ground is still frozen.
The lawn is still to wet to mow in marysville,Don't expect it to be mowable till late april

#16 ·
It's friggin Seattle. It rains 90% of the time. I want to be a Seattle weatherman. Come in on January 2nd with a bunch of different shirts. Just put one on and say on and off again rain showers with temps. between 40 and 50. Then change shirts and say on and off again rain showers with temps. between 50 and 60. Change again and say snow possibility then turning to rain. Change again and say temps above 80 and how you can protect yourself and doggy from the excessive heat. It's that easy !!!

#17 ·
Not the case in Spokane, they predicted sunshine through the weekend and Monday... it snowed - all three days. I guess that's "crystal sunshine".

Being a weatherman, would be a sweet job!

The only line of work, where you can be consistently wrong and still keep your job.

#27 ·
I couldn't get my Volkswagen off my block this morning, thanks to a foot of snow. So I walked to work. What a wonderful reminder that I live 4 blocks from the amazing Clark Fork River. That beast is frozen solid, interrupted by riffles and scary holes in the ice. I will take a picture of beautiful, snowy Missoula from the California Street Footbridge tomorrow morning.

#30 ·
While driving home from work yesterday I noticed a guy mowing his lawn!!!!

Com'on man! Don't be mowing your lawn in February or the other spouse type units will expect the rest of us guys to start doing the same thing.

I almost stopped and asked the guy for his man card so I could rip it up.

Mowing your lawn in Oregon in February is a justifiable reason to lose your man card.

#32 ·
I've decided to not pay attention to what the weatherman says anymore. They said that it was supposed to be in the 40's this week. It was minus 2 here this morning. But the sun is shining. And with the sun shining on the snow it is starting to melt. One can only hope the weather is going to get better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.