Welcome / Introductions

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Chris Scoones, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Fishtales

Fishtales Fishing Cartoonist

Home Page:
    Hi everyone! I stumbled across this site and was happy to find a site dedicated to flyfishing in Washington. I've lived all over the country, but learned to flyfish with my grandpa on the Bitteroot in Montana, and later on the many rivers and streams in Colorado.

These days I'm lucky to get out fishing once a year or so since I'm also a stay-at-home dad with a couple of munchkins. So instead, I live vicariously through my weekly comic strip Fish Tales that I write and draw that appears on my own website, as well as other fishing websites.

Having learned most of my fishing skills in Colorado, I've found that flyfishing in Washington is a whole different ballgame, and I hope to learn from some of you local experts.

2. johan851

johan851 New Member

Hey team!

I'm planning a backpack north of Lake Chelan that'll start in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to brush up on my (very) basic fly fishing knowledge before I left. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff on this site...I think I'm going to make this a hobby. :)

3. Driften

Driften New Member

I guess I better say "Hi"
    I am just starting out with fly fishing. A buddy got me interested and we are taking a fly fishing class together in a couple of weeks. I have learned a lot just reading this group and seaching the posts. I live in Issaquah and plan on doing lots of fishing on the forks of Snoqualmie river. I am most interested in fishing creeks and small rivers for trout.

Jeff

4. bavnuts88

bavnuts88 New Member

Im a new one too. Just bought me a fly pole and was hoping for a couple tips to get started. Im in Marysville and work for the Govt. From central Cali where the big bass roam. Im a bass fisher at heart, but I love to get out and get some trout, crappie, bluegill, anything else really. See you on the fishing grounds

5. hatchetjack

hatchetjack New Member

Hello from North Bend.

I joined up today. I fish the S. Fork of the Snoqualmie a lot. It's a stone's throw from my place. My fishing partner is my 10 year old son Ethan. He's been fly fishing for about 3 seasons and is great fun to watch.

If you see a kid with a Red Sox cap and his dad, that's us!

Hatchetjack-

6. FlyFisherKid

FlyFisherKid the kid's in town.

hi guys im new here and i am loving fly fishing ive been doing it for five months and found that this is a spectacular sport:thumb:

7. sparky

sparky New Member

Hello!
    I'm new to fly fishing, and fairly new to Yakima, moved here almost a year ago. Any advice would be much appreciated!

8. ratcitycat

ratcitycat New Member

Hey all , born and bred in rat city.Been flyfishing &:beer1:beer1: since I was 16.Taught by a guide named Mike who used to work at Sportswest & Warshalls.I have fished most of WA for trout & salmon. Hope to share & recieve info. :ray1: :cool: :beer2:

9. tieoneon

tieoneon New Member

Hello!

This site is very important to the success of fly fishing in washington state. Thank you for giving fly fishermen in washington the forum to address issues that need addressing and lie or ass off.

10. tahuyamg

tahuyamg tahuyamg

ok so i have belonged to this sight for a little while, but never formally introduced myself. my name is mark and i spend my time in kitsap and mason co. i live in e. bremerton and have a family vac. home in tahuya. i really enjoy reading all the posts and all the collective knowledge. so hello everbody!!!

11. Sam Soule

Sam Soule Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Sam and I recently moved to Seattle from Michigan. I have been fishing trout in Michigan for the past 12 years and love the lake run Steelhead we have there. I have no idea about the lay of the land here and i am very curious so any tips will help. Can't wait to start hookin up again.

Tight lines

Sam Soule

12. 6wtboo

6wtboo New Member

:) Hi all - was just doing some browsing looking for a fly tying forum. Have been fly fishing now for about 16 years. Just got into tying this past week. Apparently one can never know too much about this activity. Really can't do too much FF here in SOCAL. Sure miss all those lovely rivers that you have in WA. Use to live in Woodinville. You all have a very nice site here. Hope that I can pick up some good tips as well as some constructive critique.

13. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Greetings,

I have been on this site for a couple months now. I started fly fishing in Idaho in 1968, started flyfishing for steelhead in earnest on the Green, pre Green River Killer. Caught my first steelhead on a fly on the Green about 2 mi. above Soos Creek. I have since caught Tarpon at Homosassa in the Gulf, thrown flies at Belize tarpon, caught some Belize bonefish.

I have been away from flyfishing for a while, getting back into it. I am not a youngster, but it is fun re-learning the far and fine. This fall I will be hitting the Grande Ronde, the Methow if it opens, the Stamp for my first time on Vancouver Island, and perhaps the Wenatchee if it opens.

Hope to see you on the river. I am 6'7" tall, gray hair. If you see me, say Hi.

Andy

14. Yasuhiro

Yasuhiro New Member

Konnichiwa!

My name is Yasuhiro and moved from Kyoto Japan several years ago. I live in Bellingham area and spend my weekends on Skagit, Thompson and other North sound/ BC rivers.

15. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Greetings,

My name is Alexander. I used to live in WA and been around a bit, TX, CO and now MT. I'm married and my wife's native to WA (born in Everett). Been registered here for a while but never post much since I haven't been back for a while and do most of my fishing in the Rocky Mountain area.