West Seattle Fly Shop

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by P.Dieter, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Porter

Porter Active Member

It aint easy going in to a fly shop as a patron unless you have a few hundred in your pocket either :p Take it from me, just keep eyeing that scott radian every time...;)

Alexander and Lugan like this.
  2. Greg Yen

Greg Yen Member

I dropped in when my kids were at summer camp across the street . Abbey and Reid were great. Didn't have a need for anything but bought some leader materials. Great looking shop with a lot of flies and a lot of other stuff tastefully presented. Give them a visit...their having a grand opening sale next week....

3. Brian Lind

Brian Lind New Member

Haven't been into the shop yet, but I did a guided wade trip with Abby. Granted she is the girlfriend of one of my campers from back in the day when I was a camp counselor, but that aside she was a great guide, has a great passion for fly fishing and taught me a lot. I live in West Seattle, and this is going to spell trouble for my wallet. However I do know a good amount of blood, sweat, and tears went into that store so I know I'll be dropping some coin there to support the locals! Also Abby is working on setting up some women focused courses and trips so send your lady friends her way (or if your a lady head in there and ask for Abby)!

4. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

I was in the store this afternoon and saw a few things I'll be getting for an upcoming trip to Florida. I hope they do well.

5. pcknshvl

pcknshvl Member

In my chat with the clerk there (didn't get his name), they said they went "back and forth" on the tying materials question, but decided against it due to minimal sales floor area, and the inventory/accounting headache.

6. brat

brat Member

I can't speak for them--but it is my understanding that they are attempting to create an alternative for us. Who needs another shop with the same Sage, Reddington, Winston rods that everyone else carries? Same for reels, etc. Their merchandising decisions on what to carry are largely driven by if they use it themselves or think it is a great company with great products. As all have pointed out they understand customer service--and there are very few in the industry who are as dedicated to conservation as Dave McCoy and put their time and money where their heart is. I don't live anywhere near the shop but have been there and will look for opportunities to throw money their way.

Jim B and Jmills81 like this.