Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Trout Swap

Swap 
12K views 164 replies 16 participants last post by  xdog 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was thinkin it would be pretty sweet to have ourselves a collection of trusty winter trout flies. This swap will be for rivers, whatever fly you have found to be the best fly for you in the winter. Nymphs, Streamers, and Dries should all be included. One pattern a piece and up to 10 people. Anyone who wants to get in to some fishes and warm up their vises are welcomed!

Deadline will be somewhere around Jan. 1

Me- IN
Zach M- IN
Brassietim- IN
Sharpshooter223- IN
Shawn Bauchamp-
Erick Tarcha-
TLL- IN
Fly Punk- Boatman
Islander- Something stillwater
Mumbles- IN
Xdog-

#27 ·
Oh what the hell, I'll jump in too. No better way to keep the interest going than tying flies when I'm not fishing. I'm gonna tie up a little bead head nymph with an ostrich herl wrapped body. I forgot the name, but tumble it in a stream or hang it down in a lake and you'll catch fish. I dub the herl together and reinforce it with the tying thread and it comes out more durable than the herl alone. I might rib them or just let the fuzzy body do the work.

#31 ·
Just finished tying a dozen. Little glass beads, fuzzy ostrich herl body, I've used them and I can catch fish. You anglers with some skill should do well tumbling them in current or hanging them in stillwater. I'll send them as soon as I get the address.

#39 ·
Swapmeiser Connor H., I mailed mine to you today at mid day. They should arrive at 2255 in a day or two. No need to send one of my own back to me, that should be two extras for you plus a bonus bug or two.

#45 ·
Zach M, in the past two days you could have walked the flies right to Connor H's door. Don't tell me that the weather is that bad down in the mecca of Gig Harbor...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.