You can't fix stupid...

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Citori, May 1, 2013.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

As a parent, youth coach and person "responsible" for the safety of many others, I'm saddened greatly by the loss of life stories. Children able to access such tools with such devastating potential, guns left unsecured, guns stored accessibly that are loaded and the list goes on and on. How did we get so far off track, and how much further will we have to go before we can correct our course?

bennysbuddy likes this.
  2. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I've realized that you can fix "stupid"... It's called "dead"!

3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Spot on Roper. But don't miss the fact that it is issues like this the offer the statist's an opportunity to perpetuate their hidden agenda.

4. Alex MacDonald

and if you believe they'll never want to confiscate, well.... go ahead and trust them. I don't.

5. Trapper Badovinac

Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Home Page:
    My 2 cents:

The best boss I ever had put a poster on his office wall --

Solve
    the right
    problem
    The problem, as I see it, is a small number of highly disturbed people are using firearms to kill and destroy. Their actions, their life history, and their families are plastered all over the media and the subsequent media circus. Virtually everyone in America is asking "Why?" and "What can we do to prevent this from happening again?"​
    The 'Why?" will likely never be answered. The idiots who do this crap are anti-social and insane. Even if you could magically figure out the root of their problems it wouldn't change a damn thing. You can't lock up everyone who had trouble with potty training or has a temper because most of them don't end up shooting a bunch of people in a theater or classroom. We can never be 100% safe from the anomalies of our culture. ​
    The problem isn't that law abiding, responsible gun owners have suddenly, en-masse, gone on a coast-to-coast killing spree, so disarming them isn't going to solve the "What can we do to prevent this from happening again?" ​
    When children are killed, it eats at the hearts and minds of most of us. We see the futures of the very innocent taken from them and those who love them. Ask anyone who has buried their own child, "Do you think of your dead child?" The answer will be "Every friggin' day." Dead children hit us on a bunch of levels, most of them visceral. Trying to solve an emotional problem with reason and logic is always going to meet with head on and loud conflict. ​
    There will always be those who are quick to compare us to other countries like England. England has a violent crime rate equal to that of Detroit! They just use meat cleavers instead of guns. So, does that make them more civilized? I don't see how. ​
    How do we determine the real problem and then how do we solve it? Our problems aren't static because we don't live in a static culture. We need to keep that factor in mind as we move toward a solution which can only come when we define the right problem.​
    I don't know how to achieve this sort of agreement among law makers because many of them are influenced by factors we aren't even aware of. But, again, I don't see how turning a huge segment of our population (law abiding gun owners) into criminals is going to make kids safer.​
    Trapper​

FinLuver likes this.
  6. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

The other side of the problem is the politicians. They don't care about anything other than getting elected again. Career politicians are like ticks, they suck the blood out of us all and give nothing in return. Sure they grease the palms of the special interest groups or unions, but as far as the majority goes, nada...

So, although we may as a group have a handle on reality of the "gun problem" it will not bode well for those that are in power will do anything to get vote and nothing to change real problems. If they wanted problems (wars, unemployment, lack of truly affordable health care, poverty, etc) to go away, they would, but the problems are still here, aren't they? Those at the top reap all the benefits and we pay the price.

I need to go fishing...

7. Alex MacDonald

Given the current administrations's desire to function outside the bounds of law and decency with all the scandals, the willful trampling on civil rights with the press and 2nd Amendment, and the persecution of other political points of view, I can forsee a time when it becomes necessary to show them exactly what the 2nd Amendment is really for...

Ron Eagle Elk likes this.
  8. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

have another drink......

9. Alex MacDonald

you can't?

10. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Several years ago I swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Even after I retired, I have never been released from that oath. It has no expiration date. So, yup.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  11. Alex MacDonald

Right on, bro. Right on.